Caution Hex Beam by NA4RR Antenna

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KM6U, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  • QRZ
    Important Rules
    Why this post has been flagged with "Caution"

This listing was flagged with Caution because it did not conform to our swapmeet safety rules.

We mark all non-conforming posts in this manner, regardless of any previous history or reputation that the indicated seller may have. Every listing is evaluated separately and we always urge extra caution in dealing with sellers whose listings don't conform. This caution notice may be removed if the seller subsequently corrects the problem, the details of which may be noted below.

Note that even if and when the listing does conform to our safety rules that QRZ does not endorse or recommend any any swapmeet sale or offer.

Notes: Please look for moderator comments below for the specific reason this listing was flagged.
    Our moderators may remove the caution flag once the listing has been corrected.

1. KM6U

KM6U Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought this superlative multiband beam antenna new from the manufacturer about a year ago. I never opened the two boxes it came in!

This listing may earn itself a "caution" from QRZ's admins, since the boxes are depicted unopened. I could cut them open and take pictures of the packed contents, but then they wouldn't be "virgin!" I have sold many items on QRZ over the years, including an unopened ICOM radio, so I hope you will all understand. I trust that the intact shipping labels showing the mfr. and my name will quell any suspicions some may have; additionally, with PayPal you have the right to rescind your payment to me.

A local ham uses one and swears by it, so I bought the antenna, 200' of coax, and a light-duty rotor to set it all up. Unfortunately, I never got around to setting it up, and now our home is on the market and I need to sell it.

The price for a new one shipped is $570; I will sell this shipped UPS Ground to you in two boxes for $475. I accept PayPal (no USPS money orders, sorry). I have been on eBay for over 20 years with 100% feedback/950 under the username "cbhamcollectorsestate."

As you can see, the original boxes show my name as well as Bill and Roger Rockwell's return address (NA4RR).

My cell is 925 330-2218 and you can call me before 8pm PST. Thanks, Peter Kendall KM6U Sonora, CA

Below is some text from their website, http://www.k4hex.com/ :

The NA4RR Hexagonal Beam (commonly referred to as the hex beam) is a popular antenna based on the G3TXQ design. Our antenna doesn’t require a large expensive tower, many people are using inexpensive push up poles. Check out some of our customer’s installations. Hex Beams provide great performance and are directional. The NA4RR Hexagonal beam won’t break the bank (even though it includes 6M), allowing the average amateur radio operator to get in on the DX. If you are looking for an antenna that you’ll not only enjoy but will make the XYL happy too, then our hex beam is the right choice for you.

The NA4RR broadband hexagonal beam is not a "kit". This is a plug-and-play design that not only fits your budget but is easy to assemble. No cutting, crimping, or tuning of the wires is required. The only tools needed are a pair of pliers and a pair of 7/16 wrenches. Most users report they are on the air in less than 90 minutes after opening the boxes. Here is a short video describing how to assemble the antenna.

Our antenna is designed with quality and customer satisfaction in mind. We use first-class components in the construction of our antennas. Many components that other manufactures buy, we manufacture in house to help you get the most bang for your buck.

Hexbeam (2).jpg Hexbeam (1).jpg Hexbeam (3).jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
      W2CSI likes this.
    2. KM6U

KM6U Ham Member QRZ Page

I was politely advised that my listing has to be flagged with the "Caution." I have since edited the listing to explain why I thought it better to leave the boxes unopened; if the antenna doesn't sell in a little while, then I will cut open the boxes, photograph the packed contents, and resubmit the ad.

KG7QJB likes this.
    3. K9CRS

K9CRS Ham Member QRZ Page

Does it come with the rotor and coax?

4. KA9ZPL

KA9ZPL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Did the deal go through or is it still available?

5. KG9IO

KG9IO Ham Member QRZ Page

Still available?

6. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Interesting as your first pic of a box clearly shows that it has been opened and taped back up.

KM6U and KA6TPR like this.
    7. KM6U

KM6U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to all... the Hexbeam-in the-boxes has been sold!

8. QRZ
      Important Rules
      Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.