Here's your chance: the ultimate "prepper home" !!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Nov 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Probably just means you can't stick missiles and warheads back in the "big tall hole"

:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

and why not? :D

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It also likely means that the silo must always appear to satellites to be deactivated and impossible to use for a launch. That’s why the silo doors are permanently fixed halfway open at the two missile museums that I’ve been to.

K0UO and KP4SX like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ah!! Good catch!! Makes perfect sense

Dave
    W7UUU

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

That's kind of a deal breaker for me. /s

My brother lives about a half a mile from one of the silos. I figured he liked it that way. Right under the big flash.

WD4ELG, KD2ACO, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  6. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Some covert North Koreans will probably be buying them and moving in!!

7. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I went to Cheyenne Mountain High School in Colorado Springs, almost on top of NORAD. The running joke at school was that if there was a major problem, we figured that we’d be the first to know...

N0TZU and K0UO like this.
  8. W7UUU

Whether I like it or not, I too live essentially "right under the big flash" - I'm about 8 air miles from the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and about 20 air miles from Sub Base Bangor and the Triton Nuclear Missile repository - if anyone decides to nuke the USA, I'm for all intents and purposes right smack at "ground zero" :(

Dave
    W7UUU

WD4ELG and K0UO like this.
  9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

At least you don't have to worry about the neighbors obstructing the view!

W7UUU likes this.
  10. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

No one gets out alive.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo