Here's your chance: the ultimate "prepper home" !!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Nov 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

12.5 acres, Arizona desert, isolation, hidden, EMP safe, and CHEAP!! $395,000

Amazing ... there are a zillion of these being sold off. A friend has one in Kansas he's spent 4 years and $1M restoring into the ultimate VRBO experience.

You'd be guaranteed to have more "blast doors" than anyone you know!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24665-S-Highway-79-Catalina-AZ-
    85739/2082082831_zpid/?

AMAZING photos of the interior - it's a safe link - click and enjoy! :)

(Missile NOT included!! :D)

Dave
    W7UUU

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    N9LYA, NL7W, WG7X and 3 others like this.
  2. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the Soviets still have those coordinates programmed in to one of their missiles, and they haven't gotten around to reprogramming it.

WD4ELG and K0UO like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No problem - I'd just MOVE IT :D:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

K9ASE likes this.
  4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It only needs some new paint, and no curtains.:rolleyes:

On the plus side, plenty of space for a tower and no pesky neighbors to worry about.

There are a number of decommissioned MX Peacekeeper missle silos and control/bunk houses in N. CO and S. WY next to or within some miles of I-25 in CO and WY. We always make it a game to spot them as we drive by. (There are still many active silos in CO, WY and NE)

One of those was recently refurbished as a museum and opened for tours: https://wyoparks.wyo.gov/index.php/places-to-go/quebec-01

I haven't been to it yet. I've toured the Titan II museum in Tucson, and the Minuteman museum in SD.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    WD4ELG, K9ASE, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  5. W7UUU

Indoor antennas might be something of a concern though.... :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

6. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I might know the place you're talking about in KS

7. W7UUU

GT Hill is his name.... I met him back in my Ferrari days and he's a big poster at Ferrarichat.com. He's hoping to go "on line" next summer as a rental. He's into it for a TON of money but has a true passion for the project.

although I was wrong about the state - it's Arkansas not Kansas.

Here's one of his numerous videos:

Dave
    W7UUU

K0UO likes this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the HF Disco antenna included!

I've used one south of Tucson that the Tucson radio club has at the Missile Museum, a few times.
    You just drive up to it unroll the coax out of the box and hook it up to you rig.

We have a few missile silo homes here in Kansas too.

9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually I just memembered that there is a discone antenna on site - no extra charge I hope.

on edit, I see K0UO pointed this out too.

K0UO likes this.
  10. W7UUU

Yeah that one is pretty legendary! I'd love to do that one of these days....

Dave
    W7UUU