ad: Schulman-1

Here comes the CME - 6m opening expected Sep. 6. 1800 UTC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE7DXW, Sep 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

ok, nothing on 6m, and all of HF is wiped out here, CM87, 00:00 UTC Sep 8

2. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a good reason for that policy. Some species need fire to open their seed pods. Otherwise, eventually, there'd be a lot less trees.
    It's an ugly way to do it, but it's the only game in town.

VE7DXW likes this.
  3. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked Japan on 17 at 2220Z. Real fluttery/echoey signal but strong (relatively). Been quite a while since I've heard JA on 17 let alone worked... 100 w and 80 mtr doublet.

Heard quite a few JA working HH2AA on 17 also.

WE4E and VE7DXW like this.
  4. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

I did have a JA return my call on 17 today, but we weren't able to connect.
    Lots stations from Europe, and the occasional Asian station, but no resulting QSO's.
    I was using my vertical after a storm blew down the fan dipole. So I blame that.

5. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is the early arrival from the X9.3 flare. The previous CME impacted at 2313 UTC on September 6, but had little effect.

http://umtof.umd.edu/pm

http://www.spaceweather.com/

6. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

When HF propagation is the pits head to 6m and work aurora!

7. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is probably the first flare on the 6th arriving, the x2.2... although websites say no CME with it... seems way to early the the X9 flare to arrive. Solar wind speed is not off the charts... maybe a late arrival the the 4th flare cme...

VE7DXW likes this.
  8. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everybody;

It turned into G4 storm - one of the strongest I have seen in a while....

No propagation anywhere except very faint 80m

Alex - VE7DXW

9. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Some VE7/b activity now and one Ve8 beacon but it seems the humans were up late last night and they are sleeping in today.

Many 6 meter ssb/cw Aurora contacts last night from Oregon to Colorado, Cal, Wash, Idaho, VE7 and Ve6 in Canada and one Ve8 beacon but no humans in Ve8 last night.

Some 10 meter ssb activity to FK4, New Caledonia in the South Pacific and KH6 at the same time as the 6 meter aurora activity.

VE7DXW likes this.
  10. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everybody;

After a brief reprieve the geomagnetic storm picked up again. K indices on the NOAA website are up again to 8! Solar proton flux has been declining. The severity of the flares are is going down as the sunspot AR2673 is getting closer to rotate off the visible disk of the sun.

There are some newly formed small sunspots AR2677 & 2678 that have little impact yet. See attached graphics below.

for more info check:
    http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/radio-communications

All the best;

Alex - VE7DXW

11. KK6NWJ

KK6NWJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was installing my four element 6 meter in preparation for the equinox when Sol exploded. I also run a 1/4 wave vertical and I heard nothing in a week and no one answered on 50125. I am too far south and stuck in the most southwestern part of Ca. with nothing but vacant desert to the E and NE, very quiet down here and I only hear three other stations here who like me get on 6 and transmit, oh and one near LA. I think the older guys are giving up and without the old boats the new boats stay in port never to ride the six meter waves.
    However 15, 17 and 20 have been great when they worked, I talked to NC from San Diego with 20 watts and South America has been doing well here also.
    Good luck everyone.
    -George

VE7DXW likes this.
  12. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Right now here in Reno Nevada I am experiencing a total radio black out, anyone else out there having the same conditions ?

13. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

14. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

SAME IN MIDWEST.