ad: M2Ant-1

Here comes the CME - 6m opening expected Sep. 6. 1800 UTC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE7DXW, Sep 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everybody;

NOAA just released new images on the fast moving CME from the sun.

This is the strongest CME hitting earth in a long time. Geomagnetic activity is going to hit S2 and S3!

This could mean 6m openings!!! Make sure you turn on your rigs!!!

Alex – VE7DXW

[​IMG]

UA3DPF likes this.
  2. VE7DXW

It haw now been rated at X9.3

Alex

KM6GUA likes this.
  3. KG5RPX

KG5RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KG5RPX

KG5RPX Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    G3 Watch for 6 and 7 September, 2017 due to CME Arrival
    published: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 10:55 UTC
    The geomagnetic storm watch for the 6 and 7 September, 2017 UTC-days has been upgraded to G3 (Strong). The G3 Watch is in anticipation of the expected arrival of a coronal mass ejection (CME) that took place in association with an M5 flare (R2-Moderate radio blackout) observed on 4 September at 2033 UTC (1633 ET). Current analysis and forecasts reflect CME arrival late on 6 September, 2017; with CME effects continuing into 7 September. Keep checking our SWPC website for updates to the forecast.

VE6DAC and VE7DXW like this.
  5. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

It Figures,

A Visible Aurora possibility and my entire state is covered by smoke from several forest fires that have been burning since early July all of which the Forest service and Sate have minimal funds to fight.

They figure they will let them burn out on their own which is predicted to clear up sometime in November but by then the rains will have started and my chance for seeing an Aurora is nil until next July when I'm sure the entire scenario will repeat itself again.

WZ7U, N2RRA and VE7DXW like this.
  6. VE7DXW

You may not able to see it but you still will be able to work it!!

Alex

KM4TIN likes this.
  7. VE7DXW

Hi Everybody;

As the solar flux activates the Ionosphere the higher band will open.

Right now we hear activity on 20 and 15m.

All the best;

Alex - VE7DXW

KM4TIN likes this.
  8. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes 6 meters is always running with cw or MSK on an array but It's been 2 years since I had visible Au and its always nice to see what I'm reflecting off of.

And 20 MHz WWV is still strong down here in the middle PNW.

VE7DXW likes this.
  9. VE7DXW

You would expect that. Now the higher bands will open up and the lower ones will fade.

Alex

10. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ 6 Meters CQ 6 Meters KI6PMD DM-04 QRZ ? Well I am waiting !

KM6GUA and VE7DXW like this.
  11. VE7DXW

maybe the strong X-Ray flare that happened this morning is making things more difficult.

Alex

12. VE7DXW

15m is open now... this was released before the X-Flare and now everything is going crazy!

Alex

13. N6ALT

N6ALT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I feel your pain, here in southern Oregon we have had bad smoke since Aug 2d and I don't think it's going to improve anytime soon.

Joel
    N6ALT

VE7DXW likes this.
  14. VE7DXW

There was a X-Flare and everything has changed. 20m and 15m are open now....

Alex

15. W4LLZ

W4LLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

An X9.3 flare (R3-Strong radio blackout) occurred on 6 September at 1202 UTC (0802 ET). This flare followed an X2.2 flare (R3 also) at 0910 UTC (0610 ET). The source region for both flares was Region 2673. Radio emissions suggest a coronal mass ejection (CME) may be associated with the X9.3 flare, but we await SOHO/LASCO coronagraph imagery for confirmation. We will update this post when we are able to analyze coronagraph imagery. Keep checking our SWPC webpage for the latest information and updates.

VE7DXW likes this.