ad: MLSons-1

Henry Molenaar, Jr, N2QGG SK November 14, 2017 Age 79

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Nov 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Henry Molenaar, Jr, N2QGG SK November 14, 2017 Age 79

upload_2017-11-14_19-3-40.png

Oct 9, 1938- Nov. 14, 2017

Henry's passing was reported to me by a mutual friend.
    Henry was in decent health until very recently.

Henry with a lot of prodding from several local Ham enthusiasts studied very hard and
    upgraded to General Class in March 2010. The photo above Glenn W2BK was handing Henry
    the $15 he had spent to upgrade to General Class. Glenn, W2BK had told Henry he would pay for his VE Session IF he passed, which he did the year before at the local indoor swap fest.

I was proud to work Henry on several HF bands in 2014, during the Centennial QSO Party.
    Henry said, well I am not worth any points, because I am not an ARRL Member.
    I took care of that, by purchasing him a Gift Membership. :)

Henry had been totally blind since about age 20, and lived a very independent life until about 2 years ago when he fell and broke his hip.
    He was at a nursing home for about a year and returned home for a short time,
    and asked to go back to the nursing home again.

Henry was in decent health until very recently.

My Sincere Condolences to all who knew Henry,
    aka as the "Pain from Fort Plain" or "Hey Henry".

N2QGG SK 73 OM

2. KB2RSK

KB2RSK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A very nice person and glad to have had him as a great friend. We chatted and spent many personal times together. He will be much missed . He know holds a great signal from above . God Bless you Henry until we meet again.

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Henry Molenaar, Jr, N2QGG SK

Mr. Henry Molenaar, Jr., 79, of Paris Road, Fort Plain, N.Y., died Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, at Bassett Healthcare of Cooperstown.

Born on Oct. 9, 1938, in Paterson, N.J., he was the son of Henry Molenaar Sr. and Edith Fox Molenaar. He was a graduate of Central High School in Paterson, N.J., Class of 1960. He also attended SUNY Cobleskill, moving to Carlisle, N.Y., in 1963.

Mr. Molenaar started his career in farming by working for another farmer for two years. He then became self-employed, starting his own dairy farm and operating it until he was 63.

Henry was a backyard shade tree mechanic. He had his master’s degree in Ham Radio, which was something he truly enjoyed. He was proud to have built a boat with his father and enjoyed fishing. He also liked music whether it be keyboard, guitars, or organ.

Mr. Molenaar is survived by his son, Zachary William Molenaar of Cape Cod, and brother, William Herbert.

Arrangements for Mr. Molenaar are private and will be held at the convenience of the family. Arrangements are entrusted to Gray-Houghtaling & Smith Funeral Home, 34 Center St., Fort Plain, N.Y.

Please sign the online guestbook for Mr. Molenaar at www.houghtalingandsmith.com
    https://www.recordernews.com/obits/105221