ad: chuckmartin

Help with Power SDR/FLEX 1500

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KB3HAA, Jun 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. KB3HAA

KB3HAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to enable VAC1: Windows 10, Flex 1500, Power SDR. I follow the instructions on ke9ns’ video. I continually get error 9998 “Port audio error,” and “Invalid number and channel.” I am fairly illiterate when it comes to ports and audio cards. I’ve googled for solutions, and am sent searching for “Stereo mix” which I can’t find. Can someone point me in the right direction? I feel like a total idiot, well kinda. Tia for any direction available. 73 Hal KB3HAA

2. WA0YDE

WA0YDE Ham Member QRZ Page

It should be accessible through the computer's audio manager. You should be able to right click on the speaker icon or access it through the control panel. Not all machines are the same with audio features.
    With a VAC installed, it should show up in the same listing as speakers, mics, etc. You then choose the VAC cables for input / output.

3. SP7WT

SP7WT Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KB3HAA

5. KB3HAA

Thanks for your help. Here is the quote of the century: " Not all machines are the same with audio features." I wasn't aware I had to install a VAC program. Your help is greatly appreciated. 73 Hal KB3HAA

6. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

PowerSDR expect there to be a microphone device connected to the PC even though it doesn't use the device. Stick just about anything into the mic jack on the PC, just enough so Windows thinks there's a mic attached. I suspect that's what the Virtual Audio Cable is doing - Fooling Windows.