ad: IACantenna-1

HELP! Windows 10 SCU-17 Driver (Virtual Com Port Driver)

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by AA5TN, Nov 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA5TN

AA5TN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a windows 10 laptop. I have tried everything I know to install SCU-17 USB Driver(Virtual Com Port Driver). I keep getting this message: The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. Check with vendor or your site administrator to ensure you have the correct program.
    Does anyone have a clue?

2. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Gordon,
    I've got a Windows 10 laptop and was able to download the SCU-19 port driver (for doing radio(s) upgrades) with no problem at all. Are you trying to download SCU-17 port driver for use with the interface unit? I'm a little confused. My laptop is just a bare bones Dell, nothing fancy, so I'm surprised yours isn't working right.

3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a thought,
    When I tried installing Vista, There was NO video driver for my machine.
    After much searching, I found that I could use the XP driver, BUT I had to install it manually through the
    device manager under system in the control panel...
    Is there a windows 8 driver that you can try installing manually the same way?

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Force 10 to use the original drivers, And do not let 10 update them. ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  5. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Gordon,
    I can't know exactly what's happening on your system, but here's something I've run into before.

The Yaesu download for the SCU-17 driver package (CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip) contains two different .exe files, one for "x86" operating systems, and one labeled "x64". Be sure you are using the correct choice for your system.

You may have already figured this out, but just thought it worth mentioning.

Good Luck!
    Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

6. AA5TN

Thanks David and yes I was or trying the correct .exe file.

7. KA9JLM

Are you running the .exe file as Admin ?

8. AA5TN

Yes, I'm trying to download it for interface with my FT-991. I had no issues downloading to my win7 tower. But unfortunately it that computer is no longer among the living. So I decided to use my laptop and this is beyond frustrating.

9. KA9JLM

You may need to use a external USB hub to make it work.

Not sure exactly why, But many claim that it works. The fool 10 trick.

Good Luck.

10. N1ZRL

N1ZRL Ham Member QRZ Page

KA9JLM,
    Same situation as AA5TN, Did what you suggested, USB hub, the SCU's two UARTs appeared !!
    Thanks.
    Pete
    N1ZRL

KA9JLM likes this.