HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AJ4GQ, Dec 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good advice! I'll probably re-list on QRZ in a couple days as a Christmas Special, clean it up, and ad some better hi res pictures. Then I'll list on other venues in January, if still not sold. You're right, the view counter has not gone up by much after the first 2 days.

2. AJ4GQ

I've made some changes to the ad which reduces the size of my target audience along with a commensurate reduction in price. I've also asked QRZ if they could find a way to move it to the first page of the For Sale listings, inspired by K7MH's comment about visibility.
    I'm trying to reward a high achiever who has fire in his belly. What do you guys think?

3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You can relist after 7 days. That will put it back on the first page.

4. AJ4GQ

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately, that means I can't re-list until Sunday the 23rd, which makes the ad useless from a practical standpoint.
    While we're on that subject, I've re-read the new rules several times and could not find the old 7 day re-listing rule. The preamble to the new rules eliminates all old rules and replaces them only with what is listed in the new rules. Apparently there is no longer a 7 day re-listing rule, except for the caveat in Rule 4.2.2. There is Rule 4.2.1 which limits us to "3 listings in a 7 day period". I ran two other listings the same day so I used up my 3 in a 7 day period. I did ask for special dispensation but that was denied, which they have every right to do. I'm not complaining, just explaining.
    A Moderator did make a great change to the title of the ad. Thank You!!!
    Look: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?posts/4904903/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its a fact of life that ads roll off the first page very quickly. QRZ is popular! But most people browsing realize that and look thru at least the first few pages. At least I do anyway. Its not as big of a penalty as you might think. Be patient.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  6. AJ4GQ

You guys were spot on. Listing before Christmas is not good, better resolution pictures help, having an adult beverage helped, and waiting it out worked. Sold yesterday to a great gentleman of a ham. Thank you all for your excellent advice.

N2PQW and K7MH like this.
  7. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't want to be the one to anger people, but I'm finding an increasing number of people who aren't interested in coming here. I suggested a link to a guy last week, and he flat-out told me, "I'm not supporting a page that is so anti-gun that they threaten to ban people for discussing it." Two other people posted under that, supporting him.

Ok.... have no clue where THAT idea came from?

There are lot of people buying/selling in Facebook groups, which by member listings, have people in the thousands who joined them. Try the FB groups, I guess? At least here, there is an attempt to keep scammers at bay.

8. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, now I see you sold it. Good on you.

An FT950 was my first radio. I still kind of miss the sound of it on 40m, especially. Great rag chew radio.

9. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

10. AJ4GQ

Looks like you missed the part that the radio sold in December 2018.