HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AJ4GQ, Dec 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been trying to sell my FT-950 with no luck. There have been the usual tire kickers including a guy that apparently collects pictures, a couple of people that can't follow contact instructions, and the $350 offer, but no real buyers. What am I doing wrong? Here's the link.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/yaesu-ft-950.638747/#post-4903796
    Please don't hold back. I really need to know what the problem is so I can sell it.

2. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong time of the year.

3. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, this is a good time of year to buy used gear, but not a good time to sell. Try again at the end of January.

4. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

In My Opinion, your posting looks fine! I'm not sure if higher-resolution photos might help, but there's certainly nothing wrong with the photos you've posted.
    I'll venture a guess and say that it hasn't sold simply because of the hit-or-miss nature of classified advertising. And fishing. With patience, sooner or (sometimes much) later, the person who truly wants to buy your radio will step up, and be serious.
    I partly agree with others, it could just be the time of "the Season", but I choose the bigger view; your fish will come.

Have a beverage, and wait it out, if you can.

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

5. AJ4GQ

Thanks. See anything else other than the time of year? Do I have it priced right for this time of year? I want to sell it but not give it away.
    Come to think about it. I would almost give it away to a really smart high school kid with a high GPA and General or Extra at age 15 who knows code.
    Per excellent advice from N2PQW, following your instructions with a tall one as we speak. Thank you Sir. Will consider the HiRes pics as soon as my vision clears.

N2PQW likes this.
  6. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

ummm, David,
    You might want to consider changing your 'Zed page to reflect that you do in fact have a radio for sale ...

Jus sayin :D

[​IMG]

7. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dennis / AF7XT,
    Take another look at this posting: I'm not the person with an item for sale. MY 'Zed page is just fine.

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

8. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll just crawl back into my

9. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Cover the bases and list it on QTH.com as well if you haven't already. Ebay is always a good bet since you will be shipping it anyway.
    Craigslist might be a good idea too. The more it is out there, the better chance of finding a buyer.
    I'd bet a lot of people here on the zed only look at the first page in the swap meet section.

10. AJ4GQ

Now, now. Look, with a first name like Hart, I've been called a lot of things and David has a nice ring to it. I'm sure N2PQW would agree.
    Anyway, please take another look at my bio page and let me know if that's what you had in mind. Thanks.