Help needed with MMDVM auto AP

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by KE8QZL, Mar 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE8QZL

KE8QZL Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got my pi-star mmdvm in the mail and tried to connect it to my wifi. It wouldn't connect, tried twice. After reading now I realize it may be because my netowork has an apostrophe in the SSID.

But the mmdvm is not producing the access point anymore for some reason, so I can't go in and modify the wifi info. Rebooted several times. I did not change any other setting other than wifi settings.

Should I just reflash the card?

2. G0KDT

G0KDT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you simply browse to http://pi-star/ but I can't recall now. This route works when the pi hooks to wifi and the firmware is configured, and I think its the way in to configure wifi if the wifi config file you can create using the wifi help feature on the pistar website and drop in the root folder didn't hook up.

mine didn't configure with file added, don't know why, and in the end I connected an hdmi display to read the boot messages to get the info.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  3. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Since it's so easy to do, that would be a good point to start in the troubleshooting process.

4. KE8QZL

KE8QZL Ham Member QRZ Page

Reflashed and solved the problem. Thanks.

WE4B likes this.