ad: M2Ant-1

Help needed for USB Interface III / HRD interface problem

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Deluxe - HRD' started by PA3ADU, Sep 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. PA3ADU

PA3ADU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

Many discussions on this forum about this subject but I could not found the answer to my problem....

I am trying to control my FTDX1200 via my PC running HRD and an interface control box from microHam "USB Interface III", (HRD software is ver. 5.24).

microHam software seems to work, when pressing the "Test"button for both CW and PTT effecting the transceiver to go into Tx mode. (settings as suggested by microHam manual).
    My HRD does not have a preset for the FTDX1200 and I tried other Yaesu models. Most of the time HRD is not able to connect and is "hanging" and need the Windows task manager to close again . Using FT897 takes it a step further, even with wrong baudrate setting the software is going into (main) control display and DM 780 display. However, frequemcy, modes etc. can not be controlled, it is just doing nothing at all.
    microHam display showing a red arrow at PTTand a red and green arrow at the "Radio" (next to dsplaying open 4800 8N2).

Often I get the error mesasages:
    Frequency = 0
    Failed to read frequency

It looks that HRD is not communicating with the YSB interface III unit. Any suggestions?

Thank you and 73's
    Nico, PA3ADU