HELP! Need to find testing site.....

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio License Test Schedules' started by KO4BRD, May 28, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KO4BRD

KO4BRD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure where else to turn so I'm posting this here in hopes to getting some help because I don’t have a depth of resources to turn to. I’ve been studying for the Advanced/Extra test and was planning to take it at the Orlando Amateur Radio Club meeting on June 3. I saw a notice today that the meeting and testing session has been canceled (Covid-19). I want to take it before June 30 when the question pool will change. I’m ready to take the test now, (averaging 92% on multiple practice tests), but I don’t have a clue where to go. Is anyone aware of any groups within 150 miles of Orlando that are doing exams? Or even any doing remote exams? Kinda sucks to put in all the hours studying an not be able to take the test timely. All help is appreciated. Thank you
    Richard
    KO4BRD

2. W6DPS

W6DPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I have been participating in online VE sessions through the Greater Los Angeles Amateur Radio Group. It says LA in the name, but we do tests for hams all over the US and territories. If you have a computer with camera, check it out. I think we pretty well have it working very well.

The next sessions are May 31, June 2, and June 4.

https://glaarg.org/

3. KO4BRD

W6DPS, thanks for the info. However, I wanted to share another resource that was shared with me by Dick (WB2JPQ) who runs the Tuesday night East Coast Reflector Tech Net. He sent me to a site:

http://www.w5yi-vec.org/exam_locations_ama.php

That has a list of contact testing VE's. I was able to email those within driving distance and almost immediately received 2 replies with viable options. If you can't find a testing site or club near you, I highly recommend hitting this site and seeing what is available. I'm currently scheduled to take the Extra exam next Wednesday, June 3 at 10:00am. I hope this info helps others in a similar situation.

4. KO4BRD

Just a quick follow-up. I took and passed my Extra exam yesterday (98%). Based on all my research, I think W5YI is the best resource for finding a test right now.

K0UO likes this.