Help! How to setup a radio station in China that I can communicate with the world?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by JORDGE_007, Dec 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. JORDGE_007

    JORDGE_007 QRZ Member

    In central China.
  2. JORDGE_007

    JORDGE_007 QRZ Member

    Say what kind of transmmiter I need
  3. KS2G

    KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

    First you need an amateur radio license from your government.
    What is your call sign?
  4. AF7TS

    AF7TS Ham Member QRZ Page

    Amateur radio is a licensed radio service controlled by the your government. You will probably want to contact the Chinese Radio Sports Association which can provide you with licensing information.

    For communicating 'with the world' you will want an HF transceiver and antenna. These are radios which operate on various frequencies in the 1 - 30 MHz range. There are many many options, from kits that you can build to transceivers with external amplifiers. There are also many different 'modes' that you can use, from morse code to computer digital modes to 'side band' and AM. The computer digital modes and morse code will permit communication 'with the world' at the lowest power levels.

    Amateur radio is for hobby and experimental use, which means that there is a huge variety of different ways it can be used. It is very difficult to tell someone what they should use because there is no way to know exactly how that person will want to use radio.

    Good luck
    WA8FOZ and WE4E like this.
  5. W5DXP

    W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

    I am presently "communicating with the world" using the new JS8 mode with 200 watts to a dipole antenna.
  6. JORDGE_007

    JORDGE_007 QRZ Member

    Thanks !AF7TS and W5DX. If I have more questions, I will post on.!
  7. JORDGE_007

    JORDGE_007 QRZ Member

    I just check the, but I don't know wether it ships to China or not. Does it?

    Thanks Jon
  8. JORDGE_007

    JORDGE_007 QRZ Member


    I just check the JS8 mode on the internet. In my view, it is a computer software based simulator, so.. the communication is done by internet transimitting or the signal is carried by the traditional electromagnetics waves using antenna?

    Thanks W5DXP!
  9. AF7TS

    AF7TS Ham Member QRZ Page

    I have no idea if they ship to China; you would need to contact them.

    Several things to keep in mind, however: 1) you should spend time figuring out what you want to actually do before you buy any hardware and 2) there are companies in China who manufacture and sell HF transceivers. I am only familiar with these as imported into the US, but you might look for them from a seller in China. An example (which has good reviews but with which I have no personal experience) is the Xiegu X108G

  10. AF7TS

    AF7TS Ham Member QRZ Page

    JS8 is a computer based digital mode, where sounds are used to convey digital information. The sounds are generated or interpreted by a computer, but the sounds are carried by a traditional radio using an antenna. The JS8 mode requires very accurate time calibration, often done using the internet or GPS signals. There are other computer digital modes which do not require this sort of accurate time calibration.


Share This Page