ad: portazero-1

Help Find a Friend

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KG6LWU, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG6LWU

KG6LWU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi!

How do we find a fellow Ham operator who is in Mississippi? I've looked on the several web sites that peoiple can register to say they are "ok". My friend's name isn't listed. The only thing I've seen is someone else leaving a message saying they are concerned for her and to make contact. She hasn't.

Her name is Donna - KD5GWM and has a General License. I don't have a radio (yeah, I do need help in this department) and would like to know how I could find her or if someone could listen for me. Has anyone heard her on the airways? She has a special needs boy she is the gaurdian for and two dogs. I don't know if she lost her house or not. She is in Meridian, MS. She has done a lot in Ham radio, in emergencies (I'm hoping she is just too busy helping with the efforts) and just hoping...that people hear her on the air.

There are many people who are concerned for her and want to know how she is doing.

Christy - KG6LWU

2. KG6LWU

KG6LWU Ham Member QRZ Page

First I would like to thank the gentleman who contacted me.....turns out that my friend's phone and electricity is out. I called and it just rang. I then got an e-mail (not a Ham) from someone in the Dog community forwarding this short note from Donna.......Christy

=======
    This message was sent Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:20:10 (EST)

I am okay. Very little damage to my place. (Fence torn up) No power for 7 days. No phones still. I am on a friend's computer. We had much damage in Meridian and neighbors had houses destroyed.

Y'all say a prayer for Phyllis. As a police officer, she would not have been allowed to evacuate. Her home is in Chalmette, which is one of the worst areas. Most are under water.

I'll get back when I can.

Donna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.