ad: ProAudio-1

HELP - Can't Get Tytera MD380 DMR Radio USB Driver To Work On Windows 10

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KB0OXD, Jan 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA1RTW

KA1RTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Addendum: I think it's fixed. It's only the "basic information" tab of the programming software that doesn't take any input.
    I was able to download from the radio, and then plugged in the info on subsequent pages so that I may be up and running soon. DMR brand new to me, so thanks every one for your gracious help. Will be working on getting a DV4mini connected soon and hopefully you might hear me on the air!
    Mike/KA1RTW

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice work. ;)

Enjoy your new toy. :)

3. VE3MPH

VE3MPH Ham Member QRZ Page

sent a email to you to would like to call you and help you with it over phone. can talk you through it better
    ve3mph at yahoo.com is good

4. W5APO

W5APO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am having the same problem. I am running Win 10 and the radio is recognized via Device Manager. I can read and write the time, but nothing else. I am running version 1.3 of the software.

5. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had lots of fun figuring out what to load and how for my MD380. Now I have it working on two Win 10 machines and a Win 7 laptop. It refuses to install on my Netbook, which uses an AMD 64 bit CPU. Of course, the Netbook is the one I use to program everything else I own. I may try deleting the device and starting over again, but I think I've already tried that once, and the Netbook is glacially slow.

I need to try to add some of the Colorado Zones to mine for a trip next week.

6. KX8U

KX8U Ham Member QRZ Page

I would love to know what you did to get it working in Win 10. I was able to it going in Win 7 but not 10. Please provide the details. Thanks.

David
    KX8U

7. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I downloaded the latest code from the VA3XPR web site, and just installed it normally, and it worked. But, it took me a few tries for some reason. I also know that when I did it, I downloaded the USB driver from somewhere, and installed it separately. When I go to the Tytera web page today, all if does is lock up my browser, but I suspect that's where I got it.

8. KX8U

KX8U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you

9. VK2AAB

VK2AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having no end of problems with drivers on my Win7 laptop in getting the laptop to recognise the DM380 radio. I have tried the drivers on the CD that came with the radio. Also the older drivers which have been suggested as necessary to access the counterfeit usb-rs232 chips.
    Strangely a friend had no problem. I tried other laptops and a desktop PC.
    The radio sometimes get recognised as a digital radio but not the same as the CD suggested text, but still cannot access the radio.
    Barry VK2AAB

10. VK2AAB

VK2AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Help ! I am still battling this problem. It is not just the particular tab.
    Has anyone found the STM DFU driver that is reputed to fix it >
    Barry VK2AAB