HELP - Can't Get Tytera MD380 DMR Radio USB Driver To Work On Windows 10

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KB0OXD, Jan 20, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KA1RTW

KA1RTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, sorry Doug. Installed 1.30 and same error message: USB device not recognized. And it won't allow me to write anything to the program. Thanks for trying, though!

Mike/KA1RTW

2. VE3MPH

VE3MPH Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KA1RTW

Thanks for trying. Still no luck. Windows 7 sees it as a USB device with a problem.
    Mike/KA1RTW

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

On Win 7 you can delete the problem device in control panel, then reboot. Then plug the device in. That will force the correct driver to load.

Is your ! red or yellow ?

Good Luck.

5. KA1RTW

I did as you suggested Don. No luck. I uninstalled the device, rebooted the computer, plugged in the device, turned the radio on, and got the same
    messaged about a USB device with a problem, no drivers necessary, Windows has stopped the device due to a problem (or words to that effect).
    Thanks for trying!
    Mike/KA1RTW

6. KA9JLM

I would uninstall the device, Then reboot and install the 1.30 software as administrator, Before connecting the device. Connect it after the software and driver is on the machine.

I think Doug is correct, But the proper sequence needs to be in order.

The "Windows has stopped the device due to a problem (or words to that effect)." Is a clue that the device may not have Port Control rights. Run as admin may help to fix that.

Good Luck.

7. KA1RTW

Nope. No go.

8. KA1RTW

I did exactly what both of you said to do, and still no go! Windows failed to install the driver
    when I tried to install it as an administrator. Deleted the software and downloaded it again, and
    installed as an administrator. Delete the problematic device; reboot; install the driver as administrator, open the program
    as administrator, turn on the radio with cable connected - same darned message!
    Mike/KA1RTW

9. KA9JLM

That is a bummer. Did you try it on a different USB port ?

Does the error you get have a Details button ? Can you post it ?

Good Luck.

10. KA1RTW

OK, (some) progress. Used a different USB port and it went out and found software driver that installed and it says it is
    working properly. However, nothing I type into the program shows up, so I can't input my serial number or DMR ID.
    I want to thank you guys for all your help (and extreme patience with an apparent idiot). Any ideas how to get what I type in the program to show up? I can click the cursor into the box but nothing shows when I type.
    Mike/KA1RTW