Hello YL's- I'm Lisa (the second one I guess)

Discussion in 'The YL Zone' started by K4CSI, Jul 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4CSI

K4CSI QRZ Lifetime Member #159 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

My name is Lisa , and I'm living in Palm Coast, Florida. The other Lisa, sent me this link, and I am so excited to be a part of it.

I am new to Ham, and received my Technician's license in May 2016, and went right for my General in June. And it's one of the best hobbies I have ever gotten into.

My boyfriend, KF4WSN, has been doing Ham for several years and he got me interested in it.
    I am KM4TMO, also known as the "Tomato".
    KM4TMO_qsl_card.jpg

Can't wait to talk to everyone.
    Lisa-KM4TMO

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    KG7OOM, 2I0GYL, KA9JLM and 3 others like this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Lisa,
    Happy to se you here.

Welcome Aboard, :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    MI0YLT likes this.
  3. KC9ZHV

KC9ZHV Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats!! Yea i didn't really even know their was any YL groups out their until i came here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
    N6QIC likes this.
  4. KC9ZHV

KC9ZHV Ham Member QRZ Page

Come on girls where are you, We have a new member, her name is lisa please stop by and say hello to her. Summer, Grace, Come on girls where are you? Lisa welcome to the YL forum I got my license back in July of 2013 and just upgraded to general was going to take the extra but suppose i will wait till i at least get the chance to read the new question pool!! I have a couple of repeaters here that me and my boyfriend manage here in Olney IL I also run a very extensive allstarlink hub with some echo-link availability on both vhf and uhf repeater systems.. At moment in the middle of an unexpected server maintenance however it will be back up soon.. I actually kinda spaced out on my original post been very busy here with all the server work.. I am so thankful for the YL zone really have enjoyed it!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    ZS5YH and N6QIC like this.
  5. K4CSI

K4CSI QRZ Lifetime Member #159 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Loren,

So nice to make your acquaintance. I also was going to try my hand at the Extra, but am going to wait awhile. As a new teacher- I have a few certification exams I have to take first in order to keep my job, then I will go after the Extra. My boyfriend is the brains behind equipment and antennas, so I am learning a lot from him. But I am glad to be in touch with some YL's who can also teach me some things. Hope to talk again soon. I also plan on getting on the Echolink on Tuesday night- hope you can be there too.

Lisa- KM4TMO

MI0YLT, N6QIC and KC9ZHV like this.
  6. W5MQC

W5MQC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi! Welcome. I am fairly new myself.
    Michelle

K4CSI, MI0YLT, KC9ZHV and 1 other person like this.
  7. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi lisa no2
    Congratulations Lisa,welcome to the YL forum and the world of amateur radio.It's great to see other YL's taking an interest with an idea that I had come up with.I originally thought up of making a YL forum on QRZ to bring YL's together from around the globe to establish worldwide friendships,not only on the air,but our own special place where only YL's can come and talk about girly stuff.

It's amazing to meet and to see more YL's joining the forum and entering into the hobby.

Hope to meet you on the air soon.

73s and 88's from Northern Ireland
    Summer
    MI0YLT
    Young Lady Transmitting:)

2I0GYL, K4CSI, KC9ZHV and 1 other person like this.
  8. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Summer and YL's
    Yes that is correct this forum exist because of an idea that a young lady from Northern Ireland had.
    We are all here because of Summer.
    A big Thank you to Summer. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    2I0GYL, K4CSI and KC9ZHV like this.
  9. KC2IAY

KC2IAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to the YL section of QRZ!

2I0GYL, MI0YLT and N6QIC like this.
  10. MI6GHA

MI6GHA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi summer nice to see you on here hun

N6QIC, 2I0GYL and MI0YLT like this.