Heliax Connection Help Heeded

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KN4EHX, Nov 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KN4EHX

KN4EHX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your help!

I’m using 1/2 Andrews Heliax to go from my repeater to the antenna. I assumed I had a male and female N connector on each end, but I have a N male and a male DIN. I know absolutely nothing about the DIN connectors and I need some assistance in finding what I need.

My antenna is terminated in N so I’m in good shape on that front and so is my duplexer.

How can I attach the two DIN connectors together? I’m thinking barrel connectors, but I can’t find anything like that online, but maybe I’m looking for the wrong thing. I’ll attach some pictures if that helps.

I have 3 50’ sections of this stuff, but I only need to put 2 together for a total of 100 feet. I figured I’d use the extra 50 for something else if the need ever arises.

I understand the DIN connectors are built like brick outhouses so I’d rather not cut them off unless I have to. I also lack the tools, but have seen many of the N connectors are compression fit and can be added on with minimal tools. I just figured the more I can keep myself out of the equation the better.

Attached Files:

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Try this eBay item number:

3. KN4EHX

KN4EHX Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks about right. I’ll order one in and hope for the best. Good on the price too so if it doesn’t work it won’t be the end of the world and maybe someone else can use it.

I appreciate the help.

Nate

K7JEM likes this.
  4. W6KCS

W6KCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Try to Torque the DIN connectors to specifications, if not, they have a weird choke effect around 1 GHz that might or might not affect you.