HEIGHTS TOWERS

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA4REE, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WA4REE

WA4REE Ham Member QRZ Page

I Sent Heights Towers a 50% deposit in cash for a 70 foot crank-up fold-over tower, they cashed my check on January 6, 2011 and I still do not have a tower (05-20-11) just excuses. They did not want to refund my money. I would not deal with them again. I think they are not legit anymore.
    John

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Some suggestions, or at least what I'd do:

-Do everything in writing
    -Ask "do you mind if I record this conversation?" when speaking with them on the telephone, and if they reply they don't mind, record it
    -Have evidence of the deposit (dated receipt indicating that it's a deposit, and for what)
    -Obtain a committed ship date or a recorded (or written) verification that they cannot provide one
    -If not satisfied, demand the refund in writing
    -If still not satisfied, file a suit in Escambia County Superior Court (if the amount exceeds the max for Small Claims, you may have to file an LC case)

I know nothing at all about this company, but 18 weeks is a long time for them to have your money with nothing to show for it.

3. AD6KA

AD6KA Ham Member QRZ Page

From their website:

What "excuses" are they giving you for not shipping the tower?
    They seem pretty picky about cancellations.
    Never heard of a %5 surcharge if you cancel within a week!
    "Written explanation REQUIRED" after that with a %15 surcharge?
    What business it is of theirs if you cancel your order?
    Very strange.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Their "regular order" payment policy is strange, also (I didn't look at that earlier). It seems to imply that everything they sell is custom made and there is no inventory, and also they don't have distributors or dealers to carry any; and that they don't have sufficient resources to actually produce anything without being paid for it in advance.

I wouldn't buy anything from them.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.