ad: Radclub22-1

Hedy Lamarr Day 2021

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2JLD, Nov 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

2. TI3IES

TI3IES Ham Member QRZ Page

The man in the picture is Marconi.

3. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hedy had a few minor inventions. The one everyone seems to think important , frequency shifting or hopping , was invented by her Nazi German husband and she stole it and headed to America. She partnered with an American composer because he was mathematically gifted and understood the language needed to file for a patent. Hedy was way in over her head but feminists have been promoting the lie for decades because they are desperate for a female inventor. On the other hand, she Was a talented and attractive chick and clearly not a dunce.

4. N6DBZ

N6DBZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank-you!
    I saw a military frequency switching installation years ago and knew that Hedy Lamarr was a contributor to that technology.
    I enjoyed checking into the net on Echolink.

5. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for checking in it was a HUGE successful event

6. W2JLD

Thank you oh so much for your positivity...it goes so far in this hobby. I f you feel the need to change history then by all means knock yourself out

7. W2JLD

they said t
    he same thing when SSB came out, thats not radio , they said the same thing when other forms of communication came out...all the naysayers said it was not radio.....eating crow is a tough bird

8. WA3IUH

WA3IUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Never heard the station or anyone calling !!!!!! Checked DX clusters, NOTHING !!! Was it ever on the air !!!!!!! Wanted to work it but nothing, half a day waisted !

9. WA4PT

WA4PT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

As a child growing up in the late 40’s I came to recognize her face at the movies and thought the world of her. To this day I think of her often. Such a talent.
    WA4PT

10. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's 1874! YOU can use HER!

N2UHC likes this.
  11. W2JLD

Thats really to bad you didnt read this post thoroughly you would have seen where it was and of course that it was on voip..too bad you wasted half a day only if you had read it ...your hours would have spent productively.

Guess there is something to be said about reading...reading is fundamental to learning

DF9HC likes this.
  12. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

YOU can SUE HER!

13. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh my: denial is a wonderful thing for some.

14. ZS6BV

ZS6BV Ham Member QRZ Page

She probably took more than her looks with her when she left Austria. Mandl had a lot of very interesting documentation that she would have had access to. Later she teamed up with Antheil and they made use of those ideas.

15. W2JLD

We recorded 190 checkins, 130 were first time checkins, we had 15 Canadian stations checked in, international stations from Argentina, Austria, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, India, Slovenia, UK, checked in, 20 Yl’s checked in. We recorded 172 people who requested qsl cards…this was by far the MOST successful Hedy Lamar Day special event.

THANK YOU TO THE HAM RADIO COMMUNITY!! AND MOST OF ALL THANK YOU TO THE FINE YL’S THAT MADE IT SUCH A GREAT SUCCESS!!!!

After 8 hours of the net I have come to realize that the ham radio community really embraced the life and times of Hedy Lamarr.

KA2CZU likes this.