ad: w5yi

HeathKit SB 200 interface to Yeasu 897D

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KD8HFM, Jul 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KD8HFM

KD8HFM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Heathkit SB 200 that I want to connect to my Yeasu 897D. The Heathkit has a soft key installed and works fine with my old Kenwood 830s. I can use the ALC connector on back of Yeasu to use it for tuning up.
    I have an 8 pin plug with an RCA plug for connecting to the ANT RELAY jack. I have connected TX GRD to RCA center pin and GRD to the shield. Not sure were to start trouble shooting. Is the voltage from the radio positive and the amp is wanting a negative voltage to close the circuit. Need so ideas to try.

Dale - KD8HFM

2. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure when you put the radio in transmit the TX ground center of the phono jack actually goes to ground. Use an ohm meter to check and see if that is working properly. If you do not see the ohm meter indicate that it is switching properly check the menu to see if have to ENABLE the ground on transmit function. The soft key in the amp is looking for a good hard ground, it is NOT looking for a voltage. Make sure the soft key in the amp is working by manually shorting the antenna relay jack. These are simple tests to see which is at fault.

VA3QY likes this.
  3. HP6DJA

HP6DJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Saludos
    mise voltaje no es positivo, y lo mas seguro que tenga q usar un mini circuito para hacer la tierra lo mejor en prueba seria el pedal hasta q un tecnico lo ayude