Heathkit Manuals

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KA5SDC, May 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA5SDC

KA5SDC Ham Member QRZ Page

My first real boat anchors! I just purchased a Heathkit Apache, Mohawk, and Marauder radios. They came from separate estate sales and I have no history, don't even know if they work.

I think my starting place will be with manuals for these and lots of reading. I don't mind buying if they are original manuals but prefer not to pay for pdf files if I can avoid that. So...the question is, where to find these old Heathkit manuals?

Thanks,

Dee

2. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. W3RU

W3RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your recent purchases. You will find lots of assistance on the reflectors. Best course is to wait until you source the manuals before digging in to a respective rig. Many of the manuals can be downloaded from mods.dk website at no cost, but then you must print desired material.

Just take your time, and beware of the high voltages associated with the boat anchor equipment. Keep one hand in your pocket if you energize a transmitter, and don't operate at all with the RF cage open.

Now, you must find a Heathkit Warrior to complete your "Indian Iron" collection.

Jack W3RU

4. WB8NQW

WB8NQW Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Just use "saved searches" on eBay. Original manuals for most any Heathkit rigs come up all the time. I've bought many.

Sure - you're gonna pay "eBay prices" - but if you want ORIGINAL COMPLETE manuals, that's where it's at.

Dave
    W7UUU

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

SDC:

Contact me by E-Mail at

k9sth (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

about both manuals for the RX-1 Mohawk (yes, there are 2-manuals, 1 for the basic kit and another for the r.f. assembly that came pre-built) and the HX-10 Marauder manuals. I have files for all 3 of them. But, do not have a PDF of the TX-1 Apache manual (have hard copy).

You need an SB-10 SSB adapter and an HA-10 Warrior to complete the the HF station and a VHF-1 Seneca transmitter and the XC-2 2-meter converter and XC-6 6-meter converter for the RX-1 Mohawk to finish out the equipment. I do have all of that equipment.

Glen, K9STH

7. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to read my "Customer Reviews" on my home page.
    www.manualman.com
    Over 25,000 manual models listed and more added regularly.
    In Heathkit alone over 1100 models listed. Many originals available too.
    Been doing this stuff for over 25 years.
    Also the authorized printer and distributor for all the Flex Radio manuals.
    Here's a photo of some of the work done this past week:

8. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Check out the manualman.com, I found the pdf schematics too hard to read on my Marauder.

9. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

GB:

Which PDF of the Marauder manual do you have? The entire PDF that I have of the manual has excellent detail including the schematic. The only thing is that one really needs to print the schematic and then assemble it so that everything matches up because the original was much larger than a single 8.5-inch by 11-inch sheet.

Glen, K9STH

10. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I found all sorts of manuals for my DX40 and Apache on line. Yeah, I would print the schematics out on 4 pages and tape together.