ad: vanity

Canceled Heathkit IO 4540 5 MHZ Triggered Oscilloscope

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W2GAH, Nov 29, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W2GAH

W2GAH Ham Member QRZ Page

Unit built many years ago (not by me) but as part of a Bell & Howell Schools correspondence course. It is labeled "Bell and Howell Schools Oscilloscope Model IOD-4540". I found schematic on line (included). It needs someone to trouble shoot and fix the horizontal Sweep Circuit. I had it working fine but the sweep all of a sudden went south. External sweep works and deflects but not Internal. I no longer have adequate equipment to trouble shoot. I'm down to an ole Tripplet Multimeter. Anyway it needs a good old fashion curious Ham Radio operator to bring it back to life. I do not want to trash it. It needs a good home and TLC. I wish I could but I can't.
    It is in very good shape. Some of the PC Board support posts need missing lock washers and nut, minor. OneCrt support post also needs a lost washer and nut, again minor. I have one condition and that is, you text or call when you fix it. I'm still a curious radio nut. I'm keeping a 2nd schematic to follow when you call ! $125 With free UPS Ship in Continental US
    2018 Scope 2.jpg 2018  Scope 1.jpg 2018 Scope 3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    KX4GG likes this.
  2. W2GAH

As a follow up I combined a 60 hz signal to both Vertical and External Sweeps simultaneously to show H & V work (45 degree slope). Looks like H Internal sweep circuit has the bug.

2018 Scope 4.jpg 2018 scope 5.JPG

3. W2GAH

May have to trash unit. If anyone interested make an offer. 1-1-28

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.