ad: Stlouis-1

Heathkit HX-10 Maurader Part Needed

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KB1PLC, Oct 13, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1PLC

KB1PLC Ham Member QRZ Page

I picked up a Heathkit Maurader at NearFest yesterday for a giveaway price. It has a couple of minor issues that I can easily rectify, however it is missing the coil cover box that sits on top of the chassis. Does anyone have one from a parts rig they would be willing to sell?

It is also missing the top cover and fan from the high voltage cage, but I can fabricate something for that unless someone has one of those as well.

Thanks-Mark/KB1PLC

2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You will have more luck finding the parts if you list your needs on one of the "boat anchor" or Heathkit E-Mail reflectors. The HX-10 Marauder is a fairly rare transmitter and there is a better probability that someone, who frequents those reflectors, may have what you need.

I do have a Marauder, but it is definitely not a "parts" rig!

Glen, K9STH

3. KB1PLC

KB1PLC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Glen...I will try that. Mark/KB1PLC

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice station setup! Is it still configured like that, meaning the SB lineup? I'm curious how you manage heat issues. It looks like there's essentially no space between or above, even on the amplifier. Do you have powerful fans maybe on the back sides to draw the heat out?

Just curious - love the old gear myself as well

Dave
    W7UUU

5. N8ZL

N8ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I had mine back. I got a "good guy" report from an OO while using it in 15m. Always good reports and a super looking rig.

6. KK6IYM

KK6IYM Ham Member QRZ Page

Love my Marauder.

1.jpg 2.jpg