SOLD Heathkit HW-99 CV transceiver UNBUILT KIT

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N5OLA, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5OLA

N5OLA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had two unbuilt HW-99 CW transceiver kits in my collection, built one and am putting the other up for sale. I have NOT performed a meticulous inventory of all parts, but a quick evaluation showed that the bags appear untouched. One of the bags had a tear from where the parts were poking through, so I added some tape. I also bought new replacements for the following parts after experiencing issues with my other HW-99 build:

1 - LM324N IC
    4 - MPSA20 transistors
    1 - 7812C transistor
    1 - 1800 ohm 2w resistor
    1 - MRF476 transistor
    2 - 220pF capacitors

I have not checked the values on the resistors, which would be advisable. A recap from Hayseed Hamfest might also be a good idea, though the electrolytics are cosmetically in beautiful condition. The original unblemished manual was lost, but I am including a replacement with builder's markings.

This is a rare kit from the closing years of Heathkit. It's a fun build and a fine transceiver. While famous for its VFO drift, Heathkit engineer Robert Sumption has two YouTube videos that can ameliorate the problem with minimal effort. These unbuilt kits are becoming increasingly hard to find. While sorry to part with this one, building one HW-99 is enough for me. Owing to the "used" assembly manual and the replacement parts, this is not in "collector's" condition. It's for someone who wants the experience of building a Heathkit.

Price is $300 firm, plus shipping TBD depending on address.
    Will Everett - N5OLA
    willeverett1@gmail.com

Attached Files:

W7SJP, N4EYZ, NF4J and 1 other person like this.
  2. AL3K

AL3K Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool!!!

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.