Wanted Heathkit HP-23 Power supply

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KA5DJS, Sep 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA5DJS

KA5DJS Ham Member QRZ Page

We are looking for an HP-23 Power Supply for a project. The project is teaching New Young Ham operators
    how to build and service Ham Radio stations. If you have this Power Supply just sitting around on a shelf not being used and can donate to this project that would be great. We would supply the shipping cost for the power supply. Please e-mail me if you are able to donate to a this good cause. David Smith, 73's KA5DJS

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a suggestion - start with radios that only need 12v - MUCH safer for "New Young Ham operators" than the lethal voltages of an HP-23....

I might have a donation we could work out in the "low voltage" arena - a Kenwood 20A supply that is surplus to my needs. I'd prefer "proof of project" first but it would surely beat exposing little kids to LETHAL VOLTAGES

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and KA9JLM like this.
  3. KA5DJS

Thanks Dave....We are re-finishing an HW-101 which was donated for the project. We will need an HP-23 or matching
    supply to power the radio. The teens will not be refurbishing the power supply. We have a group of Amateurs capable
    of power supply refurbish, or the proper way to check one.

The young hams will be taught radio theory how each circuit interplays with another as well as antenna installations,
    radio station construction, grounding and non-lethal matters. We would not expose young hams who know nothing about
    LETHAL VOLTAGES to them. It is a small group right now but that are what elmers are for, to teach. 3 young members right now,
    hopefully growing though by years end.

Please stay in touch Dave, because we may need that for when we set a couple out on their own. And that would be great
    to have.

David Smith, 73's KA5DJS

4. KA5DJS

Another Amateur donated a nice HP-23 power supply where we only had to pay the shipping. Thank you so much. This project is going along nicely. Your kindness is much appreciated.

David Smith KA5DJS

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017 at 1:19 AM
  5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.