Heath IT-28 Capacitor Checker Manual Needed

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K5FRH, May 17, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K5FRH

K5FRH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am seeking a download of a complete copy of the Heathkit IT-28 CAPACITOR CHECKER manual. BAMA does not list it, and the few I have found online are incomplete. Can anyone help ? Thanks, Rod, K5FRH.

2. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

You might start by asking Charles Penson, WA7ZZE if he knows where one may be. wa7zze@gmail.com is listed. Some folks have computer archives ( other than just BAMA ) that you can access for free. Others noted that for a time, Heathkits were going to be available and the new holders of the Copyrights might want them enforced ( or folks holding on to paper copies might object to someone giving away 'freebies' ). All that I can say is that if you are trying to restore one of these, you may find big changes in the capacitor manufacturing business have occurred since RoHS ( Reduction of Hazardous Substances, a treaty ). Others might point you to the Wheatstone Bridge type of circuits and 'Magic Eye' display tube information. Some of these units were 'capacitor substitution' boxes with or without bridges or displays /meters.

K5FRH likes this.
  3. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the complete manual available and listed on my web site.
    (see signature)

4. K5FRH

Found it....Is that the FULL MANUAL including the STEP BY STEP assembly instructions and all pictorials and fold outs ? I found several download sites but they were always 14 page partials. Thanks for your help.

5. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

All replications are done directly from the originals so it includes all the pages of the manual. Whatever manual foldouts there are will be included. No assembly of schematics is ever required no matter how big they are.
    However, I noticed you were looking for a manual PDF. Sorry, all my stuff is only done in paper format. We never supply electronic replications.

6. K5FRH

Thanks. Paper is fine. I usually print them out and bind them anyway. Thanks again.

7. K5FRH

I NOW HAVE A COMPLETE MANUAL SO THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CONTACTED ME. ROD, K5FRH