ad: wmr-1

Hearing voices in FT8?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W3MMM, Jan 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Just dial back the ALC.:D:D:D:D

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

One night many years ago someone left the vox on and his grandfather clock ticking and chimes played for hours over the air.

AA5CT likes this.
  3. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh yeah - using the rear panel ACC jack (for computer audio input) and leaving the front panel mic connected (without the mic gain turned down) has this same effect!

4. AA5CT

AA5CT Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL ... That's funny:) ...

K6CLS likes this.
  5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The internal soundcard playing Windows stuff is a possibility. IF you are also using that PC soundcard for WSJT-X. If you are using a soundcard in an interface or in your radio, that won't happen--as long as you have the correct sound card selected in WSJT-X. ;)

6. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

That's awesome. A poor mans' WWV!

In college I lived in a basement with 2 other guys that had beds pushed into other corners. One night we had a few too many and were listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" on repeat and we all fell asleep.

That album has a song called "Time" which starts off with a few seconds of alarm bells ringing. So for the whole night, we all woke up every 45 minutes or so to the alarm bells. By the time we decided we should get up and shut them off, they stopped - and we fell back asleep, starting the cycle again. :)

WR2E likes this.
  7. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, WWV was shut down because of the furlough, next best thing!

WR2E likes this.
  8. KD9HRB

KD9HRB Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought I found the secret message also, pretty weird. Spooky toooo.

9. NY4Q

NY4Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been hearing someone with the Windows alert sound going off each time the signals decode. Its annoying as hell. I just move to a different band when that sucker shows up.

10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

It could be worse.....