Headset feedback help

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by K6VOX, Feb 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6VOX

K6VOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am using a Heil Pro7 Elite Ic and a Heil Pro Elite Ic.

I went with the Pro 7's as the Elites are fumbly and headphone speaker quality is not all that good plus not comfortable.

I have a new install of a hex beam @ 38 feet and a 160-6 end fed in the back of the property with all brand new and tested LMR-400. The hex has a maxi choke on the upright arm as well as a maxi choke with ground tap just before going into the shack. The end fed does as well. They have their own 8 foot ground rod. The tower has its own 8 foot ground rod. The shack/radio/amp have a 4 ground rod network spaced every 4 feet and all 8 foot ground rods. The radio/amp/power supply have their own ground wires terminating to a copper bus bar. From there a heavy gauge wire and braided strap terminate to the first ground rod.

Ic-7610, SPE expert amplifier. I have 0 interference with any of my electronics in the house, phones, tv, comps are all clean while running 1.2 kw on any band, as well as all my neighbors.

Now the issue: But I get feedback into the pro 7's as well as reports saying there is alot of feedback while on 80/75m , 17m and 10m. But, if I switch to the Pro Elites the problem goes away.
    I have tried to wrap the cable with mix 31 snap ferrites all over the place. Changed jumpers and even took out a maxi choke and the issue still is the same. The feedback will happen while running 40 watts and gets worse as I go up in power. I have gone radio only and it still is an issue with the Pro-7s

I have tried them on friends radios with no issues.

I for the life of me I can not put my finger on the issue as one set works fine and running power while the other will not.

I could use some advice or guidance. Please.
    Thank you

2. KB5SET

KB5SET Ham Member QRZ Page

The shield on the plug in the front of the 7610 is not grounded for some reason.
    I have the same issue on 40 meters. I read that you could solder the shield to ground to solve the issue. do an internet search for more instructions.

3. K6VOX

K6VOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting that I have an issue with one set/model of Heils headset but the other no issues. I will look into to this. Thank you.