Headphones?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD7ICW, Aug 12, 2019.

?

Headphones

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

11.4%
  3. I use telepathy, duh

1.1%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a few sets of these....not in the original Flavor-Fresh wrappers, though. Very cool!

2. WO6W

WO6W Ham Member QRZ Page

Adapter 01.JPG Thanks everyone for the link to these headsets... They seem to be worth a try!

That said, here's the adapter I put together based on information from previous posts in this thread.

Two details not well shown in the photo - I used a crimp lug on a piece of wire to create a tie point for the headset support cord. The lug and wire are not connected to anything, just captured by heat shrink tubing over the adapter. The non-headset cable coming out of the adapter to a 3.5 mm TRS plug

Adapter 01.JPG

[​IMG]

3. WO6W

WO6W Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for the duplicate photo above... First posts with images attached...

Here's the complete headset with adapter:

Attached Files:

4. WO6W

WO6W Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a bit more detail from a second adapter built for a friend... Note that there is clear heat shrink tubing protecting the exposed ends of the HS-16A pins.

Attached Files:

5. N2OTG

N2OTG Ham Member QRZ Page

They look comfortable, but I can’t quite make out the brand name in the photo. Would you mind sending it along, please?

6. WO6W

WO6W Ham Member QRZ Page

OK... Not my cup of tea... Will be posting two pair of the HS-16A on the swap section... see post 71 above for the connector adapter that I made and that will come with mine.

Onward...

Bob

7. WO6W

WO6W Ham Member QRZ Page

Well that was FAST... Both pair sold in minutes!

Many thanks all!
    Bob

8. W4WVW

W4WVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a $10 headphone set I bought on Amazon. See my Avatar for the shocking green phones. They work just fine. I recently "upgraded" to a Philmore pair with volume controls on each ear. I kept the greenies for laptop, iPhone, field use but I really didn't need to change anything.

9. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Love the "ACCURACY FIRST!" sign.

WA1GXC likes this.
  10. N3VET

N3VET Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob, do u have any more?? i am a Vietnam Vet.. was there in 1970
    thanks Bruce N3VET