Headed to Gulf Shores Alabama, Need Help

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA0CFX, May 28, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Heavily

2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

PLUS.... the Deep South Club has a weekly 10m fun net on Thursday nights 28.420, and a 2m net on Wednesdays 146.745..... both at 7pm. AND if you get over to Mobile, we have a weekly lunch on Wednesdays. The location is annouced on the club's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1695601034008986/

There are a LOT of ham activities in this area.

KO4ESA, N3AWS and W4IOA like this.
  3. KA0CFX

KA0CFX Ham Member QRZ Page

Guys, I really appreciate it. I will get set up when I get down there and call in Wednesday on both nets if everything works out and I get time to myself!

Thank you all once again,

KA0CFX

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Josh,

Happy Memorial Day to you!

I hope to hear you on from Gulf Shores, although on VHF/UHF FM I “hear” better than “am heard”!

Jim N3AWS

KO4ESA likes this.
  5. K5MJB

K5MJB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I spend quite a bit of time in Gulf Shores. There is a repeater in Foley, just north of Gulf Shores. It has light activity. There is also a repeater in Robertsdale that has good coverage. I have heard a few QSOs on that repeater as well. Both repeaters were friendly. You can find the frequencies on the https://repeaterbook.com/index.php/en-us/

Mike, K5MJB

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. KA0CFX

Hey Mike, I'm on the Monday night net right now on the 147.090 Robertsdale tower.

FULL CIRCLE buddy! Thanks a million!

KA0CFX

KO4ESA, K5MJB and N3AWS like this.
  7. W9EJC

W9EJC Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're going to Gulf Shores then, YES, you need help.

8. KA0CFX

Already here buddy. Stuck in traffic.

KA0CFX

KO4ESA and N3AWS like this.
  9. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

People that find out I'm only 20 miles from Gulf Shores are usually amazed to discover that I never go there. It became way too crowded for me about 40 years ago, and has only gotten worse. I was on the survey crew that laid out the Hwy 59 four-lane from I-10 to Gulf Shores in 1974. I used to enjoy skin diving and spearfishing down there, but not with shoulder to shoulder people these days. I hope you have a great time there, sincerely I do, but it's not my idea of a vacation spot.
    Hope to catch you on the Robertsdale repeater while you're down here!

10. W9EJC

W9EJC Ham Member QRZ Page

I think of it as part of the "Redneck Riviera" running from Panama City (Beach), FL to Gulf Shores.

KO4ESA likes this.