ad: Amateur-1

HDSDR "OmniRig" Configuration

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by W4LAC, Feb 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W4LAC

W4LAC Ham Member QRZ Page

The version of HDSDR that I have utilizes OmniRig version 1.x for the CAT functions. OmniRig 1.x is located under Program Files (x86)\Afleet\Omnirig.exe. I upgraded to OmniRig 2.1 last night, but it installs to location Program Files (x86)\Omni-Rig V2\Omnirig2.exe. Does anyone know how to point HDSDR to the newer version of Omnirig?

2. 2E0ILY

2E0ILY Ham Member QRZ Page

3. VK5CJC

VK5CJC Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K2AWS

K2AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running HDSDR V2.80. It give me a message that I must load Omni Rig V2.1. I can only find V1.9. The suggested page at http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/ says Omni Rig is now Multi Rig V1.0. Can anyone suggest where to find Omni Rig V2.1 or how to resolve this?

HK1E likes this.
  5. HK1E

HK1E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"I am running HDSDR V2.80. It give me a message that I must load Omni Rig V2.1. I can only find V1.9. The suggested page at http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/ says Omni Rig is now Multi Rig V1.0. Can anyone suggest where to find Omni Rig V2.1 or how to resolve this?".
    The same thing it is happening to me.

6. KG7YOL

KG7YOL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. a very convoluted process. I'm sure its easy - if you know how. ;0
    For the time being,we're going to make this as difficult as possible.
    Change the version > change the name > then hide it.
    Worth every penny.

ZS1WE likes this.
  7. ZS1WE

ZS1WE Ham Member QRZ Page

I am also having the same problem, Got HDSDR V2.80 that I want to use as a pan adaptor but Omni-Rig is asking for V2.1. Can someone please assist me in getting this going or a alternative solution. Your help will be very greatfull.

8. VE4AJM

VE4AJM Ham Member QRZ Page

So what version of HDSDR and Omni rig are easiest to install at this time?