HDR, RIGblaster Advantage and my TS-590SG

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KB5SLF, Aug 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB5SLF

KB5SLF Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not the sharpest "computer literate" person out there, which produces my problem. Can anyone give me a step by step procedure to setup my RIGblaster Advantage with my TS-590SG with Ham Radio Deluxe running Windows 10? My problem is that I have rig control with my radio thru HDR but my DM780 isn't being cooperative and my RIGblaster sets off my transmit light on my radio. The only way to stop transmitting is by pulling the cable to the radio from my RIGblaster. I feel it's more of a configuration problem than anything else. the biggest problem is that I can't find a Windows 10 setup for this. Anyone have a clue?? I was hoping to get up and running before I have to hit the streets tomorrow and I've been messing with this on my 3 days off. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I have contacted West Mountain Radio and get short answers.

2. DL3LK

DL3LK Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just curious, why not skip the Rig-Blaster and use the sound-card built in to the TS-590-SG ? In my truck I use my TS-590-SG without an external sound card, and it works fine with Windows 7, HRD for rig control, and WSJT-X.

Settings can be tricky, and since every setup is a bit different, it may be more of trial and error than anything else. No doubt people will tell you to do this or that, but usually this or that works fine for them, but may not work for you.

In my home setup I have encountered the software keying the radio without my permission or intent. I fiddled with settings and the problem went away. If I were smart I would have written down what I did. Something about PTT. The problem is, we need to know what each setting actually does and why, and that is not always clear.

4. DL3LK

DL3LK Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019