Having trouble logging into Echolink- help Elmer help please

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by K3VIC, Aug 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K3VIC

K3VIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I've signed up to Echolink, gotten approved, tried and failed to successfully login on my iPhone because of "incorrect password", then was sent a password reminder... but the password they sent won't work plus they direct me to use a tools button which isn't on the iPhone app! I don't know how to proceed.

I've written them a couple of times over the past couple of days describing this problem, but have received no response yet. I suspect I am skipping or missing something simple. But what?

Any ideas of what I can do to get back on track and onto the system?

Here's what I sent and got back (edited for privacy)-
    =========================
    Thanks so much for your prompt reply.
    However, I’m a bit confused.
    Isn't the password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX9- which is 15 characters- one over your stated limit? That password gets rejected.
    Or is the password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I left out the "9")? Nope. That also gets rejected.
    So I need some advice and guidance.

Your help is very much appreciated.
    73 and be well,
    vic
    KN6JYO

EchoLink <validation@echolink.org> wrote:

*** This is an automated response. ***

We received your request for your EchoLink password, and have verified your request to ensure security.

The password for KN6JYO is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX9OAKLAND, CA, USA

Please make a note of it, and keep it in a safe place (not on your hard drive!) because you might need it in the future.

Here is what you need to do to re-enter it in EchoLink:

1. In EchoLink click on Tools, and then Setup.

2. In the System Setup window under the My Station tab, click on the Change Callsign button.

3. Click Yes when asked whether you want to change the callsign or set the password.

4. Delete the password you had entered, and enter the one shown in this message.

5. Click OK, and then restart EchoLink.

The EchoLink Support Team

2. K3VIC

K3VIC Ham Member QRZ Page

PROBLEM RESOLVED ON IPHONE.

Sorry, but I can't figure out how to delete this post.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to configure my router (Airport Time Capsule) to allow the ports to send and receive info so I can use EchoHam on my Mac Airbook. All advice welcome!