ad: Schulman-1

Have you backed off your QRP activities due to the solar cycle

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by K4YND, Oct 10, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WA3YAY

WA3YAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope. Decoding just one WSPR signal or hearing a new CW beacon on 10 is great fun to me.

KU4X likes this.
  2. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Ham Member QRZ Page

ahoy

sun spots
    i don't need no stinking sun spots

winter nights
    no static crashes
    all you need is a good antenna
    160 80 and 40 are great this time of year

still in the stacks
    mac

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Seem,s like I am working MORE QRP CW on the lower bands lately. Just the last few evenings I have been catching a string of QRP on the QRP frequencies of 80 and 40M and even on 5332.0 ! !

4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Recently my 450D was in the shop for an alignment tweak. During the time it was with Yaesu I was limited to the 817ND. It did very well thank you. I do think propagation was a little better during Late October-early November. Now that the 450D is back prop seems to be continuing. I kind of suspect fall rekindles operating activity.

5. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

I had my 1Watter on the air this week and even when its power fell off to 500mw after a lengthy QSO, stations were still calling me. I was concerned about the drop in power after the final got hot, but I guess 500mw is plenty. I might have to improve the heat sink to keep the power at 1 watt if conditions continue to deteriorate :)

[​IMG]

Richard, AA4OO
    http://hamradioqrp.com

6. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

Richard,
    Good stuff. I have the W2 but am thinking about ordering the W1 today for Christmas present. What do you think of it and how is the display interface to the computer?

Don

7. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Just "discovered" QRP and am having much fun and good success. I'm using tube type xtal TX's, XCVR's and mini QRP rigs as well.
    In the warm shack for winter. QRP need not be portable or outdoors to be fun.

W8ZNX, KU4X and K4YND like this.
  8. AA4OO

AA4OO Ham Member QRZ Page

The W1 computer interface isn't anything to write home about but the meter itself is an excellent kit for the price as far as accurate QRP meters go.

I'd like to have a W2 but finances prevent it

9. AF9J

AF9J Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah, my QRP activity hasn't slowed down. I'm building an ELecraft K1, and still I do almost all of my contesting QRP. As a matter of fact, when it finally starts to get dark today, I will be on 160m QRP, for the Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge contest.

10. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok I will skip it just because I have the W2.It is a very cool looking kit though. I'm going to build the QRP Guys DC receiver with a digital readout for my Christmas present.