Have a feeling I wasn't dealing with the REAL N6SIX...

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD1X, Jul 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NN3RP

NN3RP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The same scammer is trying to seel SDRPlay these days...new version and old version...let's be extremely careful.

2. NN3RP

I did big time research on the sale of sdrplayPro rsp2. I got contact with Joe Acevedo who sent me a pic of the unopened box next to his QSL card! I also confirmed through PPal about his account. I paid for the item. He'll ship this PM. I feel confident.

There are people out there who can easily pose as us. We just need to do our own police work.

3. AH6LE

AH6LE Ham Member QRZ Page

"Joe Acevedo" is the same guy (email and all - n6sixjoe@gmail.com) that tried to scam me over an Elecraft P3. I paid through PayPal (which was a different email address - Ugochukwu Nwobosi@yahoo.com) as well and after several attempts to get him to fulfill his promise to ship "the next day" (which he never did), I was able to get my money back from PayPal.. Good luck

(I can post up the series of emails that were exchanged but once I asked about the PayPal payee name, he went silent never to be heard from again)

N5PZJ likes this.
  4. KR6AUL

KR6AUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know Joe and deal with him every time I go to HRO. Going again tomorrow for a Antenna Analyzer so I will ask him about the SDRPlay when if he is there. If you have questions, you can try calling him at HRO San Diego to make sure.

5. AH6LE

AH6LE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, all I can say is I dealt with someone who CALLS himself Joe Acevedo. Whether it's the same guy I have no way of knowing

6. NN3RP

I've just got my SDRPlay in the USPS mail today!

We sometimes can have our own call be hacked by some intelligent source who can perpetrate as us. The best way to deal in situations like this is to do our own research; ask for phone number to call, a real QSL card, ask questions that can be only answer by a real radio op.

I am about to purchase some other item from Joe Acevedo, N6SIX (the real man!)

Happy New Year!

Rafael