Have a feeling I wasn't dealing with the REAL N6SIX...

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD1X, Jul 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. AH6LE

AH6LE Ham Member QRZ Page

Not the scammer, the real N6SIX

2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Joe is a very real person, He is at the HRO store right now. Call him up
    1-858-560-4900

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

oh, ok... glad you clarified that!

4. N3VMM

N3VMM Ham Member QRZ Page

wish i would of looked at this page before I got scammed by this fricking arss. Now I'm out of $$. Pisses me off. Sent multiple emails, Tired of this crap!!! Contacted PayPal and QRZ about this. Hope it gets resolved

5. N3VMM

Here is a transcript of what he supposedly is doing.
    Please I will be shipping by Monday and I will sen you the tracking number at once .

On Friday, July 8, 2016, <n3vmm@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Good morning. Was the radio shipped yet? Have an enjoyable day and weekend. 73

Dennis/N3VMM

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 1:53 AM -0400, "Joseph a Acevedo" <n6sixjoe@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes comes with the programming software .
    Thanks and 73

On Monday, July 4, 2016, Dennis Wayne Nichols <n3vmm@hotmail.com> wrote:
    You have the programming software for it? If not, no worry

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎July‎ ‎3‎, ‎2016 ‎8‎:‎55‎ ‎PM
    To: Dennis Wayne Nichols

Hi Dennis,

I got the payment I will let you know once I ship and send you the tracking number at once. Here are some attached photos for your view .

On Monday, July 4, 2016, Dennis Wayne Nichols <n3vmm@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Do you have pictures of the radio I just purchased

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎July‎ ‎3‎, ‎2016 ‎7‎:‎04‎ ‎PM
    To: n3vmm@hotmail.com

Hi Dennis,

Your address have be noted down for shipping here . Proceed payment to my paypal address below
    n6sixacevedo@gmail.com

On Sunday, July 3, 2016, <n3vmm@hotmail.com> wrote:
    My address is as follows. 309 2 1/2 Street, Main House, Catawissa, PA. 17820.

Get Outlook for Android

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 6:48 PM -0400, "Joseph a Acevedo" <n6sixjoe@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I will accept payment through PayPal. What is your complete shipping address as I will ship through fedex ground as that is easier for me .

If I decide to purchase how would you like the payment? Paypal or money order?

Get Outlook for Android

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 6:18 PM -0400, "Joseph a Acevedo" <n6sixjoe@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes comes with the remote cables and work perfectly with no issue or scratches .

Does it have the remote cables?

Get Outlook for Android

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 7:48 AM -0400, "Joseph a Acevedo" <n6sixjoe@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi ,

I have for sale a Yaesu ft 857d in a superb condition. It works well with no issue from a non smoking home. Comes with mic, manual, box and power cables. Asking $640 shipped . Let me know if you are interested .

6. KC4YLV

KC4YLV Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll get your money back. Paypal is really good at this. Even if he withdraws it from his account, PP will reimburse you.

I got ripped by a scammer for 650 bucks over an IC-746, Paypal got me every penny back. Bout 2 weeks from original report to full refund.

K4RKY likes this.
  7. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe so, but not everyone using a gmail address is a scam artist. I've bought and sold equipment all over the world, using a gmail address. There are bad apples everywhere. Doing your homework first is key.

VE3TMT

(my call at gmail dot com)

8. N3VMM

Just peeves me, thinking it was a ham. Had a chat with PayPal earlier this week. will be taken care of.

9. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure this is completely accurate. Their purchase protection works if the seller is verified through PayPal like eBay or other internet sellers. If you open a dispute for a transaction like this one between two individuals they will place a hold on the funds in that account. Scammers usually empty their accounts before a victim can file so there's noting to hold. I would be surprised if they've changes their policies to reimburse anyone who gets ripped off in a quick scam. Good luck.

10. N3VMM

Everything is ok now. PayPal got the payment back and reimbursed me. Its over I'll be more watchful now