Has WRTC run its course?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0HB, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

*sigh*

I said in CONTESTING, Kilowatt is king. Unless of course it is a specialty contest. And contest results are what determines who gets to attend the WRTC. So, yes, Kilowatt is king it CONTESTING.

I just can't anymore....I'm done contesting the dots. My post was innocent enough, so let's stop parsing words and just leave it alone. Maybe this will help: Let it be known: you are all right about everything on any subject; Clearly you are the smartest people in the forums, or any physical room you grace with your presence; All hams should strive to have 1/10th of the knowledge you have; I am personally humbled by your written presence on the Zed. Thank you for educating me, oh great almighty amateurs....I have much to learn.

Now, back to our show.....continue to impart wisdom, but let's change the subject because this one has been beaten beyond recognition.

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

All that proves is that the "ES" in ESPN is really "BS";)

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

The best paragraph I've read here, or on any other 'high altar' graced with the presence of ham 'gods', in a very long time.

We see a lot of 'censorship' and self-affirmation by way of nitpicking other's posts. It 'destroys' the conversation, and drives people away, usually the ones with useful knowledge and a willingness to share.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. N2SUB

I have to get on with 3 "Our Father"s, 2 "Hail Mary"s and an "Act of Contrition" as my penance. And I left me rosary beads in my other jacket. Dang!

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

"Well excuse me!" :) Since this thread title is WRTC I thought we were talking about WRTC. Crawling back to my altar now.

6. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Not necessarily. You could have 10 kilowatts, but if you're a LID, better ops with less power will beat you.

7. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Clever but fails.

ESPN ratings (WSOP out scores Monday Night Baseball)...

[​IMG]

8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Every now and again you make sense.

9. N2SUB

See post #91

I guess I forgot the 10 Rosaries I need to do while kneeling on glass in the back of the church.

10. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Prepare to accept the sacrament.