ad: Alphaant-1

Has Vizkey gone out of business?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W4WVW, Jul 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4WVW

W4WVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Website says they're not taking orders, my email to Curt goes unanswered. I hope they're hanging in there and still just need to catch up on their orders.

2. W6MK

W6MK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not the least suggestion on the website that there is any problem other than trying to catch up with orders and awaiting material supplies.

A little careful reading beats the stuffing out of negative fantasy.

3. W4WVW

W4WVW Ham Member QRZ Page

No fantasy of any sort here OM. I emailed Curt some time ago and he told me he was about caught up and would be accepting orders soon and would let me know when. After waiting a significant time I have not heard from him and the website still says they are not taking new orders. I emailed Curt again a few days ago to ask if he is taking orders yet. I have not heard back from him.

I certainly hope everything is all right and wish nothing but success for Vizkey. Not hearing back from Curt is what prompted this thread. No negativity, no fantasy, just a desire to know what's going on.

4. W6MK

W6MK Ham Member QRZ Page

Website clearly states he has supplier issues. There's something called "covid19" which quite a few people have heard about. Consequences.

Consumers these days seem to have little patience with the real world. A one man shop which has just caught up with what?--10, 100, 250 orders? How many emails from impatient customers already
    replied to? How many more impatient customers need to have their anxiety eased?

Title of thread: "out of business?"

No, out of supplies. Making keys and sending them out got tougher. Maybe just worn out. Tom Desaulniers, K4VIZ, quit the biz in '14. He was a nice guy and a clever one, but he got tired too.

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Quit in 2014? About time you let us know. ;)

6. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've had lots of ideas to make ham radio products.
    I enjoy the "engineering" and building new things, but when I think about the hassles of dealing with customers, I come to my senses and change my mind.

W7UUU and W1BR like this.
  7. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Things aren't normal. I've purchased online four different items for a daughters birthday starting a month ago. Shipping isn't much right now. As for Vizkey,

Three (?) years ago I ordered a vertical bug and got pretty much the same response as the originator of this thread. Almost identical.
    Ordered a vertical 90 degree paddle several weeks ago before Covid really got cranked up. Knew from the past history, there wasn't much point in emailing. Still haven't emailed a query.
    Still haven't received anything but a bill on my Visa.
    In fact, I've ordered a N3ZN-SL and a KN4YB bug since then and have been enjoying using them. In both cases, I received both an email acknowledging my order and an expected time for delivery.

I know times are tough. I know people get tired. That's why I retired.

Also know I have received as much pleasure using my Vizkey Vertical Bug as I have any of my Begali's, Vibroplexes, etc. It remains a FB key. But I don't expect ever to see my paddle and I won't be ordering any more. After seeing this thread, at least I know it's not just me. Live long and prosper, Curt. I love your bug.

8. KW0FRE

KW0FRE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Covid-19 wasn't cranked up until a few weeks ago?

9. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm from Arkansas. It's always slow here. Anything, all the time. I could give the purchase date, but no point. The web site was up and running and said nothing of Covid when I purchased the paddle through PayPal. It's done and over. Don't care. But when a ham gives an accurate account of his experience and people jump on him for doing that, it's only right to speak up. No axes to grind. Life is too short for that.
    Enjoy the day. Catch you on CW some time. 73.

W4WVW likes this.
  10. W6MK

W6MK Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the beautiful aspects of much of the South. Take your time. Don't let yourself get rattled by anxiety-ridden residents of New York City (and their cousins elsewhere). It's ok to be silent when you are overwhelmed.

I've been working on slowing-down for many years. It takes real tenacity to do this in my hyper-stimulated West Coast environment. It's been a bit easier since the pandemic has forced some use of the brakes. I've got neighbors, friends, retired, good people, who are chomping at the bit because
    they can't ever stop to smell the roses.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who has ordered and paid for a Vizkey will get it eventually.

Anyone who has ever run a small business will understand why.