Has HF Phone always been this disgusting...?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N7BKV, Aug 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. 2E0LPL

2E0LPL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using HF around 18 mth now after a lifetime of being a SWL....

I have heard some silly things on the radio...and some people I would not answer if I hear them calling CQ based on how the sound making the CQ call...maybe I am a snob but thats me.

But I cannot remember recently hearing a licenced ham operator talking in the way the OP says...yes on 2m but not on HF.

2. NN2X

NN2X Ham Member QRZ Page

That is correct...The term is called social cognitive...Basically, one does as their neighbor. Same with Ham radio, but the neighborhood is the selected frequency as the neighborhood. Having said that, I do wish the FCC would hammer down on these folks.

My son, (12 year of age), recently passed his Ham ticket (KI5FJE). Imagine, I have to tell him not to go near those frequencies as they are rated "R" (On Ham radio!).

Even myself, after 40 years, I am going back to CW as well, even though I passed the Extra back in 1980, I rarely used the code...Now, I will be 100% next go around...

Wish me luck on learning CW!

Cheers

NN2X, Tom

K1LKP, N7BKV, N0TZU and 1 other person like this.
  3. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not snobbery. Many of us just want a friendly, peaceful QSO with hams who take their hobby seriously. Once in a while, you raise your head up and take a peek at what's going on up above the subband, get scared and run back to where you're comfortable.

4. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

mostly computers run by "legalized bootlegger" cb operator wannabes

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

POSITIVE ATTITUED FOR TOM.jpg
    ======================================== N9HI_Have_a_Nice_Day.gif