Has HF Phone always been this disgusting...?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N7BKV, Aug 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

You go brother v/n vet... I support your comments 100%...been pounding brass since back in "62".. also feel my hobby and cw skills kept me alive thru TET!!

W5BIB likes this.
  2. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm willing to bet old "Gordo" would like the tickets printed on the back of cereal boxes!!

K8AI and W1BR like this.
  3. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm still wondering why there is a SSB thread in a CW forum.

M6GYU, N8AFT and WJ4U like this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

What's that phrase I recently heard ... Virtue Signaling ?

KG4KAH and AG5WC like this.
  5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're listening to the wrong frequencies, don't knowledge or listen to those types of groups, get on and talk "Good Ham stuff" on your group.

I am sure that the new O O replacement group that the ARRL is putting in place will probably go after a bunch of these as their first priority. Remember who's heading that group up, like it or not, Riley Hollingsworth will be tough as heck on them and that's what's needed.
    He's going to be at the Albuquerque Duke City hamfest outlining what the new ARRL program is doing and I bet this is top priority.

In the meantime don't succumb, to these guys, do good stuff on your frequencies with your friends.

And if that doesn't work we all need to get a Wouff-Hong

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hams getting older....the long term effect of booze and diet and lack of exercise....prostate problems....low testosterone....frustration....on-air rage.

K0UO, N7BKV, AG5CK and 1 other person like this.
  7. W0RIO

W0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

Or, as my friend who studies Chinese medicine would call it: Liver Yang Uprising, a.k.a. grumpy
    old men getting livid.

Maybe we should encourage SSB ops to 'cuss like they did on 1960s TV programs:
    Dagnabit, Consarnit, Tarnation, Heck, H-E-Double-Toothpicks,
    Shucks, Dang, Darn, Durn, Gosh Darn it, Dad Gummit, Holy Cow, Jeepers Creepers,
    Gee Willikers, Sacre Bleu.
    There, and I didn't even say a single "bad" word.

I'm not sure what all of this has to do with CW operating, other than it is a good reason to us use CW.

WJ4U and W5BIB like this.
  8. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

That can't be good for book sales.

K8AI and KG4KAH like this.
  9. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I find it funny that anyone thinks CW ops are generally morally superior to SSB ops ( or any combo thereof ).
    CW is all about efficiency ..... it's just not efficient to waste time and energy pounding out expletives!

WJ4U likes this.
  10. N7BKV

N7BKV Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it's a mode disappointment post. Wish it weren't that way out there. But people are people. All kinds out there where ever one goes I suppose.

K8AI likes this.