ad: wmr-1

Has an electrical engineer dev HF AMP with new mosfet MRFE6VP61K25h?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by W7EET, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't see more than the pics on line. Is there more to look at?:eek:

I couldn't see the heat sink at all, since it seems to be in a box with a fan at the end of it. I'm kind of surprised they could get away with only one fan, but maybe the 1 kW rating is PEP for SSB only, which is low duty cycle...couldn't really tell what its key-down (or RTTY) rating was. Pretty packaging job, though!

2. W7EET

W7EET Ham Member QRZ Page

There is two fans on the heat sink, one at each end. The pic's are a little deceiving. The box is the heat sink and the amp weights 30 lbs. I can also see the filters for the amp. I emailed Finland to find out the price of the amp.
    Rich/W7EET

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Let us know what you find out.
    :)

4. W7EET

sorry folks, but I had to email them again today. On my first email there was no reply. I did find another email address so I am trying that one. There is a great interest in this amp, not only on here on the form but also in other areas. Let's wait for 24 to 48 hours and see if I can get a response from them.
    Rich/W7EET

5. W7EET

This is friday oct 21 and still no reply from Juma amplifier by email. I have sent two emails so far.
    Rich/W7EET

6. W7EET

This is friday oct 21 and still no reply from Juma amplifier by email. I have sent two emails so far.
    Rich/W7EET

7. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to the Juma web iste:
    http://www.nikkemedia.fi/juma/

It plainly states that Partco Oy will be handling the ordering and shipping of Juma kits directly to the customers world wide.
    The managing director of Partco Oy, Mr. Pentti Honkanen, OH2AVL who coordianted/negotiated this logistics and distribution deal.

I would contact Mr. Honkanen at Partco Oy in Helsinki, Finland
    http://www.partco.fi/

Partco Oy
    PL 45
    Teuvo Pakkalan Tie 9
    FI-00400 Helsinki
    Finland
    Telephone: +358 (0)9-587 6960
    Fax: +358 (0)9-587 6990

8. W7EET

Today monday 24 oct 2011:
    I got a reply from Juma. They said, momentarily at this time there is a stand still until later for the amp kit. They did not give me any price but they referred me to email someone else for further details what is going on with the company.
    Rich/W7EET

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like it's a one-off prototype and not a released product.

The difference is tremendous, in terms of the work required.

10. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.