hardware to support multiple monitors

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by N5YPJ, Oct 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

Having my own room for a shack now with room to expand I would like to add a monitor(s) to my PC running I-5 6600K on an Asus Z-170A motherboard. Currently using a single 32 in monitor 1920 X 1080 and the MoBo video card that I like but a brain tumor damaged my optic nerve a few years back leaving me with some visual impairment, eyeballs are fine nerve connecting them to the brain is not. I would like to try spreading out over an additional screen to determine if it is easier for me to use. Can someone recommend a video or graphics card that would support adding an additional monitor? Thanks for reading.

Richard

2. KA5IGI

KA5IGI Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe the mb you have will support multiple monitors with the built-in intel graphics support of the I5 processor. You should be able to use integrated vga, displayport and hdmi. Check your mb documentation to verify.

N5YPJ likes this.
  3. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

dont know your stuff but i ran 4 monitors on win 98,running 2 on w 7 laptop,2 on linux?
    u may need another/2nd, vid card that works in multi monitor mode.
    your system may start with both mon alike/duplicated. you need to set for extended displays,one on left, one one right.
    you can rotate 90 deg for upright. good for long text.

N5YPJ likes this.
  4. KJ7OMD

KJ7OMD Ham Member QRZ Page