For Sale Hardrock HF-50 Amp, Fully Loaded (ATU, QSK, KX3 Interface)

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KV4RH, Oct 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KV4RH

KV4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For your consideration is a fully loaded Hardrock HF-50 amp. Bought and assembled by me, was sent back and checked over by Hobby PCB for a minor issue, fixed, and declared "all good".

Works great, 45-50W+ on all bands with 2W in from my KX3, ATU will tune both of my portable antennas (homebrew buddy stick and a KX3 "Helper" random wire w/ 1:9).

The minor issue with the build was I may or may not have had one too many craft beers while using a new to me bench meter and I may or may not have set the scale right while biasing the transistors (uA vs mA), resulting in low output. Palm to forehead. After biasing again, all is fine with the amp. I teach at the collegiate level, and as part of my various courses, cover both procedure adherence and soldering, so I have full confidence in my build, just not my unfamiliar meter skills.

Selling because we just had kids and I don't have time to play radio any longer, and my KX3 alone will be sufficient for outdoor operations going forward.

Read more about the amp here: https://www.hobbypcb.com/products/hf-radio/hardrock-50-hf-power-amp

Sale includes:
    • Hardrock HF-50 160-6m Amp w/ latest firmware
    • Installed options include: ATU, QSK switching module
    • KX2/KX3 interface with cables (rig control, PTT, and band switching)
    NOT INCLUDED: Original box and manual, power lead. I can email you the build and operations manual in PDF format.

These items, in kit form, are $557 new from HobbyPCB at last check. I'm asking $550 built, tested, ready to plug and play, with FREE USPS shipping.

I accept PayPal or local cash deals ONLY. I eat the PayPal fee and shipping. Can possibly drive a reasonable distance to meet in person--reasonable is proportional to the SOTA, or fishing options available along the way. I do NOT accept money orders, personal checks, cashiers checks, pelts, beads, wompum, or similarly antiquated forms of payment.

Email is listed on my QRZ page.

Please use it for all offers, inquiries, and expressions of interest. I don't check QRZ that often.

2017-10-12 16.43.23.jpg 2017-10-12 16.45.17.jpg 2017-10-12 16.45.25.jpg 2017-10-12 16.47.14.jpg 2017-10-12 16.47.22.jpg

KK6QMS likes this.
  2. KV4RH

Make an offer!

3. W1IZZ

W1IZZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

$450.
    Larry, W1IZZ

4. K6QAZ

K6QAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will give you $30.00 for the KX2/KX3 interface with cables.

Steven / k6qaz

5. KV4RH

As written in the ad, please email me at the address listed on my QRZ page with any interest.

6. KV4RH

Would prefer to sell as a kit. Thanks.

7. KV4RH

$500 and it's yours. Please email me at the address on my QRZ page for any further discussion.

Thanks.

8. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.