ad: M2Ant-1

Hard to Confirm Request

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WD4NGB, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Other than the date and callsign, the info in regard to an incoming request for confirmation is only random default data and not the exact data in your worked party's logbook.

It is always possible to list all of your records with a station in question, including the tested fields:

Open your logbook
    Enter the callsign of the station in question in the FIND box and click on the FIND button
    All the records are listed along with the tested fields

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Bruce (the OP), your QRZ logbook shows many confirmations for recent contacts so you are doing something right. Merry Christmas!

3. G4MKT

G4MKT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know how to find the station in my logbook, that's not the issue. The problem is that it cannot be done without the page with the confirmation requests closing. It's hard enough trying to remember the callsign, let alone the date etc. after the page has vanished.
    The only way I have found that very clumsily helps is to open a second browser tab, navigate to qrz and open the confirmation requests and flip between the two. Too many hoops!
    It would be so much easier if the confirmation requests page would, on highlighting a qso line, do the equivalent of the 'find' function in my logbook for the callsign in question and list them (with test fields showing) below the confirmation requests on the same screen.

I hope that explains my 'feature request' more clearly.

Barry
    G4MKT

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. VA3KRT

VA3KRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

THanks for posting that. The stat shows about 30% confirmation rate. Is that from all QSOs, or QSOs between people who USE QRZ. Like, I could log a QSO with somebody that never touches it, or LoTW. So, that unconfirmed QSO is legit unconfirmed, but I'm curious what the rate is between QRZ logbook users. I'm kind of surprised at all the QSO exchanges happening, and so many unconfirmed QSOs. Maybe I have something wrong on how it works.

6. W1DQ

Of the total number of individual QSO records entered in QRZ logbooks, approximately 30% achieve confirmed status. It is virtually impossible to achieve 100%, the hurdles are too great.

There is no requirement to log QSOs; it is up to an individual party’s discretion. Further there is no requirement to log them electronically and, if so, there is a choice of various electronic logging systems. For a confirmation to take place, the parties must log electronically within the same logging system as confirmation rules may differ from system to system.

Also, confirmation requires the element of “proof” (certain fields in the records of both parties must independently match up-front) rather than mere “acceptance” (solely accept another’s data as fact). Parties that fail to log up-front become irritated when they cannot recall sufficient data to achive an independent match.

Tools, such as the ability to export/import ADIF files, facilitate transfer of log records among electronic logging systems.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019