Hamvention Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Parking off site requires catching a shuttle every time you buy an item unless you wish too carry them all day? We made many trips to my truck during Hamcation but I was parked right outside the main entrance.It happens every year so I see it as a Pain in the Rear.If you don't buy transceivers,amplifiers,or other larger items it may not be such a hassle but I take everything back to my truck so my hands are free.They will never fix that issue.The one trip I made to Dayton we purchased a 2 meter repeater so again a trip to the parking lot & several more trips for other items on Friday & Saturday.A lot of wasted time catching shuttles & it's a very long trip from Florida for wasting all of that time.It will never be anywhere as well laid out as Dayton or even Hamcation but it will always be hyped no matter how poorly the plans are.It's far from being enjoyable carrying around all the bags & boxes full of my purchased items & I'm sure it is for many others as well.I don't see any possible fix for that big issue at that site ever.

Clayton
    W4KVW

2. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Check out Gary's interview with the folks from DARA, they have a new plan for swap meet items. About 7 mins in they reveal the plan.

3. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you plan to make a heavy boat-anchor type of purchase , get there early as I did (~7:30 AM). I had no problem parking close to the gate. If you plan on not having a good time, you needn’t bother.

4. W8GRI

W8GRI Ham Member QRZ Page

My fourteenth year in a row and had a blast at Xenia! We stay in Dayton and drive about 11 miles.... Parking was good for me, only the mud was a problem in the flea market. Friday our group joined in Rex Harper's build-a-thon at the Holiday Inn in Beaver creek. Saturday we participated in a 25 hidden transmitter or FOX hunt right across the road from the main gate. On the day before the HAMvention we have a free day and visit places like the National AIR Force Museum also Mendleson's.
    Good food at the HAMvention, almost need five days to sample it all! I'll miss HARA but this is going to be great!

73 Rod W8GRI

5. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I never know what I am going to purchase & everybody can't park close to the front gate.I have made this a non issue by deciding to never attend this event at the new location.My 2013 trip was more than enough for me & a lot of fun. Hamcation 2018 had everything I would ever want or need & it was far closer & far more organized & everybody parked on site so the above issue is NEVER an issue there.Thanks for your input it was a big help. 73 OM ;):):cool::po_O:rolleyes:

Clayton
    W4KVW