ad: Sussex-1

Hamvention Theme

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jan 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="WA6MHZ, post: What happens if it rains?]

Pat,remember I'm from the Puget Sound Seattle area,Washington State. you well still be able to function you won't melt,like the witch in the Wizard of OZ

If it rains,you well just get wet,and nothing else well happen trust me I know

2. KD2RON

KD2RON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We use to say "you haven't seen our plane". Once you learn, you actually fear the ride up more than the skydive down.

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

website doesn't address the 2017 Flea Market. Its all for 2016 at Hara

N2WN likes this.
  5. KA8LMQ

KA8LMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It will be a change indeed and welcome I have not been in at least 12 years because of the price,They should offer a one day pass at a percentage of the 3 day pass Ican go all 3 days. Hara was getting so run down a change is welcome.

6. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I am not going to take your word for that!

I like the story about the new diver who used an automobile alt for his decent. It responded too slowly and gave
    him optimistic readings. Think he figured it out in time.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. N2WN

N2WN Ham Member QRZ Page

First, all the information for attending the 2016 event should removed. It just confuses everyone, except possibly the insiders.

Second, with only four months to go, the lack of information, particularly for the flea market seems counterproductive. A lot of folks do come specifically for the boneyard. The venue was announced quite a while back now, something more concrete for people to consider and plan around seems like it would have been higher on the to do list.

I realize that this is a volunteer effort, and it is often thankless (OK virtually always thankless). So many thanks to the volunteers who put time into this effort and wishing you a safe and successful event.

Julius
    n2wn

N2EY likes this.
  8. WC3O

WC3O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. K4AVU/SK2023

K4AVU/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Where are all the rest rooms. Do not tell me they are going to use portable toilets . If so, this will discourage many from attending.
    Boo

10. WA6MHZ

Hara wasn't that Bad!!! I had maybe 10 enjoyable visits there! Its close to a White Castle that has BIG RED on Tap! Wonder if there are White Castles near the new Venue?
    Dayton isn't DAYTON without White Castles!!!

11. KD8YQC

KD8YQC Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't believe with only 4 months to go, the website still says this:

Online Ordering will be available soon.

12. WA6MHZ

I guess U just show up and take your chances!

13. WA6MHZ

Hara is constantly ragged as being a MISERABLE location, and while it did leave some things to be desired, when comparing it to modern Convention Centers like San Diego, LA and Anaheim, it did fulfill the job at a price affordable to attendees and organizers. Sure the Flea Market field was all broken up! I dumped a good Heathkit Pawnee on the ground after the scooter hit a pothole and nearly broke an axle. An who can forget the SEWAGE VOLCANO that flooded the flea market one year!!! that was National News material!!!
    Some of the roofs leaked, but not that bad. Some of the restrooms stunk but that was from the bad chili hams were eating. They did need to vent them off better or issue gas masks to those that entered. And wet floors around the urinals??? Us OLD HAMS just can't AIM like we used to. Ask my wife!!! But in General, the place was pretty good right up till the end. Don't know if the DOZERS have leveled the place yet. Probably will be all CONDOS in a year or 2. That is prime Real Estate there!!

I will miss HARA dearly!!!! I never forget the thrill of coming into the parking lot after 3 long days on the road to get there
    IMG_0236a.jpg
    From that moment on, it was EXCITEMENT NON STOP!!!!
    No chance the SUPERFLEX will be making the trip this year, though we are going to Visalia DX Convention!

K9ASE likes this.