ad: portazero-1

Hamvention Theme

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Jan 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W8HJR

W8HJR Ham Member QRZ Page

When Hamvention opens May 19 at the Greene County Fairgrounds and Exposition Center in Xenia, Ohio, its theme, "Hamvention - Same Friends, New Home" says it all, according to Ron Cramer, KD8ENJ, General Chairman for the event. “Hamvention gives amateurs from all over a chance to get together with old friends. We welcome them to our new home,” Cramer said.

Cramer, who served as assistant general chairman last year, noted that many hams return each year to Hamvention to meet other attendees that they have talked to on the radio. That comradery will remain the same, only the location has changed.

The committee, of all volunteers, has been dealing with the monumental task of defining new inside exhibits and flea market spaces and all the other aspects of the Hamvention move. Cramer noted that website updates are being made almost daily, mail order ticket sales are underway and that ticket, flea market, and inside exhibit purchases will be available online as soon as possible.

Some important changes this year include free on-site parking for attendees, a greater variety of food choices, and the availability of overnight camping on the fairgrounds. Camping arrangements are available from the Greene County Fair Board at 937-372-8621 or email esther@greenecountyfairgrounds.com.

Cramer said he and Assistant General Chairman Jack Gerbs, WB8SCT, wanted to thank the committee chairmen and their assistants for the tremendous effort they have put forth. “We couldn’t do it without them and their volunteers,” he said.

Hamvention®, the world's largest amateur radio gathering, brings about 25,000 people to the greater Dayton area. The three-day event includes exhibits, a flea market, forums, education sessions, and license exams.
    For more information about Hamvention 2017 (scheduled for May 19-21), visit the website at www.hamvention.org or e-mail media@hamvention.org.

WT8WV, KB8AMZ and K9PLG like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Funnel cakes!

I DEMAND Funnel cakes!

;-)

N2ICV, KA8LMQ, WT8WV and 1 other person like this.
  3. W0RUS

W0RUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamcation is just around the corner.

KD8WEY and WT8WV like this.
  4. N8SA

N8SA Ham Member QRZ Page

Will the Handicapped Scooters be available again? Looking forward to it. :)

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I still want to find out how they are going to hold the Flea market on the grassy infield of the horse track. What happens if it rains? Lots of business for local tow trucks!
    That is Really great news about free parking and camping!! that was a real sore point with HARA, So that is a giant step forward!! Wish I could make it this year!

KG0MN and WT8WV like this.
  6. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Sounds like some worthy improvements, but they chose the wrong location.

I keep offering my back yard but they never reply.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

WT8WV and K9ASE like this.
  7. KD2RON

KD2RON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you like airplanes and skydiving, SKYDIVE GREEN COUNTY is just 5 miles or so from the fairgrounds. It is the oldest skydiving facility in the US.

8. N2WN

N2WN Ham Member QRZ Page

How much will the flea market tickets cost?

9. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why would anyone want to jump out of a good airplane?

W8LGZ, K9ASE, NK9Y and 1 other person like this.
  10. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Especially if the CHUTE DOESN'T OPEN!!! :)

11. WG8Z

WG8Z Ham Member QRZ Page

QRO Chili cookoff
    807 chugging contest
    Scooter mud races

W9AFB likes this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure beats SH** volcanoes!

WA8FOZ likes this.
  13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

By all means--GO:)!

http://imgur.com/gallery/HoXFrgW

14. W8BUH

W8BUH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Let me know if I'm missing something to get onto the web site. Here is what they have. http://hamvention.org
    Does not work on this end..

15. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Works for me.