ad: cq2k-1

Hamvention finds new home in Greene County | Dayton News

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by ND8D, Aug 1, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N5GAR

N5GAR Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N5GAR

N5GAR Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope the Hamvention is successful. It is known for its exhibits, forums and flea market. I won't be there in 2017, but will watch for reports about actual use of the new facility to make it all happen again. I'll be able to make a good decision about whether to attend in 2018. Meanwhile the hamfest that's local to me chose this location - near a large international airport, with connections for miles and miles of light rail serving the area, and 75 or more hotels/motels at all price categories that are not far. Click here: http://www.irvingconventioncenter.com/ (This does not compete with the Hamvention, as it's held at a different time.)

3. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Reviving a slightly aged thread.....Saw the flea market vendor map has been posted (showing spots). My fast count was about 1250 spots. How does this compare to Hara? I bet less than half?

4. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, probably so. but there were MANY unused spaces at Hara; some people just bought them for parking. It is possible that the new flea market will be more "dense" with good stuff. Hoping for the best.

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

One thing DARA may insist upon is that you must be selling if you're going to park in the Hamvention flea market area this year....